Driver's Low Beam Doesnt Work, But High Does

Avus Blur

So, I was noticed that my driver's light was out when I pulled into my garage the other day, but the highbeam works. I replaced the bulbs around a year ago, but its obviously not the bulb if the high works? There is only one bulb in there right?

Im thinking its has to be a fuse, but I havent had a chance to look at it. Also though it would odd to have a seperate fuse for "driver's low beam".

Although there may be only one bulb, it has 2 filaments (Well, in some apps. I'm not 100% sure about ours). The low beam one could have broke. Or, your stalk could have broke something. Or, a wire in the bulb plug could have came loose...Or...:lol:

Swap the left and right bulbs. If the blown light moves with the swap, it's the bulb. If it doesn't move, it's a wiring problem. It's likely just a bad bulb.

Cool. Ill give that a try and keep my fingers crossed.

Thanks

180 sx is right, these bulbs have a high filament and a low filament. What Avus Blur is describing is definitely a blown bulb.

Sometimes people realize this and they choose to drive around with their brights on so that they have both lights working - a smart cop will still pull you over if you do this!!

Yep, when I got the bulb out one of the filaments was busted.

What an adventure through. I had a hell of a time get the passenger bulb out and ended up breaking one of the tabs off in the connector. Had to pull it out with a pair of pliers (unhooked the battery). I noticed both connecters were covered with funk and also had some corrosion. I sprayed some MAF cleaner on them and wiped them down and bought this anti-corrision gel with the new bulbs.

Back in business. Hopefully that will be it for a while. Still hurting from teh $2K I spent on a new MAF and 3 oxygen sensors and associated diagonostics and labor to get it to pass inspection.

Thanks again for the help. This is the first car Ive had that just had the one bulb. For what ever reason I thought a lense or something mechanical moved to make the highs brighter.

Yep, when I got the bulb out one of the filaments was busted.

What an adventure though. I had a hell of a time get the passenger bulb out and ended up breaking one of the tabs off in the connector. Had to pull it out with a pair of pliers (unhooked the battery). I noticed both connecters were covered with funk and some corrosion. I sprayed some MAF cleaner on them and wiped them down and bought this anti-corrision gel with the new bulbs.

Back in business. Hopefully that will be it for a while. Still hurting from the $2K I spent on a new MAF and 3 oxygen sensors and associated diagonostics and labor to get it to pass inspection.

Thanks again for the help. This is the first car Ive had that just had the one bulb. For what ever reason I thought a lense or something mechanical moved to make the highs brighter.