What Is This?

beastpath

It would be useful if you have a problem with overheating your differential, but if you never find yourself in such a position, then it's money best spent on other things... or saved :aok:

thats what I thought, but was just curious. Interesting mod, even if unnecessary.

what about for heavy rock crawling. or preserving the life of the LSD? I've read some places about rear diffs overheating.

Actually high speed use would cause more heat build up.In Rock Crawling the gears barely turn, so not a lot of heat generated (unless you are the type who just hits the gas and prays you climb the rock). About the only situation we would be in to get us even close to overheating the H233bs would be heavy hauling/towing in the mountains at full highway speeeds.

I can see this being useful for desert runners who are constantly plowing through the sand at high speeds and RPMs, and heavy towing and long mountain grades like GG said. Pretty worthless for the typical driver though...

Yep, it does exist and it is for racing applications, it is a universal application kit IIRC. I hope none of us are driving pathys on tracks at 150 mph.....

They also once had one for the oil pan, that always seemed more interesting.....

And if you want to be really cool you can get a temp sensor for you differential as well. (yes, they have one that fits in the filler hole.)

Yep, it does exist and it is for racing applications, it is a universal application kit IIRC. I hope none of us are driving pathys on tracks at 150 mph.....

They also once had one for the oil pan, that always seemed more interesting.....

And if you want to be really cool you can get a temp sensor for you differential as well. (yes, they have one that fits in the filler hole.)

lol, thats awesome. its tempting just for the fact that I bet almost NO ONE has any of those

yes, but you could say that about all mods you do.

I know what you mean, but if I understand this correctly, it pumps the diff fluid through a cooler, which could clog or a line break, whereas Idk if i've heard of someone overheating their diff...seems like you'd break/burn something else before that could happen....

Although, the temp gauge sounds like a good idea/alternative, cause that way you could see if it was headed for disaster, but not have to worry about another thing breaking.....you know what I mean?

• 2 months later...