'98 R50 Recall

tekazgtr1984

Really this just hit yall? I got this done like over a year ago and I live in Texas LOL

Yeah my cousins husband who is a mechanic for my local nissan dealership told me about this before I bought my pathfinder. Mine hasnt been done yet but its rust free still.

Might get it done soon anyway since it's free.

You should just have it done. It's free. The manufacturer did not put ANY rust coating on the filer tube, which you can't really see to see if it si rusty or not. So I would guess that even if you don't have rust issues the filler tube is rusting out.

When I bought my Pathy I thought it was a bit weird that the dealer only put in a few bucks of gas when we were on the test drive. On the way home I filled it up and was pretty shocked to see the puddle of fuel in the street the next morning. They got theirs though my trade in was a 95 Pathy with ridiculous rust on the frame. :aok:

I just had this fixed on my 99.5 about 2 months ago. Whenever I would put a full tank of gas in it would drip all over the place. The dealer had it for about 3 hours and put a whole new tube in, didn't cost me anything. Everythings good as new now, its nice to be able to get a full tank.

• 2 weeks later...

had a quick question about this... got the recall notice a while back, just as i was ready to get rid of my pathy, which i think may have been a mistake. at any rate, i still have it, but it's been sitting because of this very problem.

the fuel line rusted out where it bends upward through the front-passenger wheel well, behind the little protective panel. it's been literally spewing gas every time i fill it... not exactly the safest thing. now, the recall specifically mentions the fuel filler tube, but says nothing about the actual fuel line itself. for those of you who have had this recall process performed: what do they replace? i've heard varying reports, some including the fuel line and protective panel, some not. do you guys think my line will be covered under the recall?

as it stands my pathy is un-driveable, and has been temporarily replaced by the biggest piece of @!*% toyota pickup i have ever driven. i miss my baby, but this might just put me back behind her wheel.

had a quick question about this... got the recall notice a while back, just as i was ready to get rid of my pathy, which i think may have been a mistake. at any rate, i still have it, but it's been sitting because of this very problem.

the fuel line rusted out where it bends upward through the front-passenger wheel well, behind the little protective panel. it's been literally spewing gas every time i fill it... not exactly the safest thing. now, the recall specifically mentions the fuel filler tube, but says nothing about the actual fuel line itself. for those of you who have had this recall process performed: what do they replace? i've heard varying reports, some including the fuel line and protective panel, some not. do you guys think my line will be covered under the recall?

as it stands my pathy is un-driveable, and has been temporarily replaced by the biggest piece of @!*% toyota pickup i have ever driven. i miss my baby, but this might just put me back behind her wheel.

I hope so. It's a free repair so if you can give your Pathy a day at a stealership, do it. :aok:

I'm not sure everything that is replaced but I was told it takes a fair amount of time to get it done. Bear in mind, stealerships are never fast. :thumbsdown: