R50 Jack Stand Points

Joho

Hello all,

I have a 1999.5 R50. I own the owner's manual and the Haynes and I have not been able to locate any jack stand points; I know the stock jack points.

The Haynes mentions placing jack stands on the "frame" when doing tire rotation--where exactly is this, and can I do it with only two jack stands or does this require all four? I am looking to jack up the front to do some maintenance (getting tired of sliding under my car at stock ride height).

Thanks in advance!

Joho

We've used the jack stands on the subframe crossmember on the front... or the lower control arms.

I don't see why you need 4... unless they are suggesting you have all 4 wheels off the ground at once!?!?!

We've used the jack stands on the subframe crossmember on the front... or the lower control arms.

I don't see why you need 4... unless they are suggesting you have all 4 wheels off the ground at once!?!?!

Is there any chance you could provide a picture or diagram of some sort? I'm a bit confused as to where exactly to place the stands and I want to be careful.

• 3 years later...

Hi guys. I am going to rotate tires today. I have a stock jack and two safety stands.

Can I lift it with stock jack placed under center front and center rear garage jack points as on picture above? Won't the vehicle incline on side?

• 4 years later...