68 members have voted

1. 1. how may years

• -1 (its ok guys, learn and grow)
    • 1-3 (I'm guessing the majority)
    • 3-9 (good!)
    • 10+ (yay for loayalty)
    • 15+ (wow)
    • 20+ (anyone else?)

my first pathfinder was a 92 se with leather had 190k miles to use for my newspaper route decided to get rid of it. with the time i had my 92 i bought a 95 in march 09 its a se with 177k miles has 189k still goin with the 92 and 95 it does not use any oil between changes. my 95 never did give me any trouble all i did was replace the front brakes, had the exhuast manifold bolts replaced along with timing belt, water pump and thermostat replaced. also to have the diesle drained out of the gas tank due to the tow truck driver putting diesle in my gas. but ya im learning from this site glad i found it. met aloy of nice people to put up with me. :) you know who you are.

• 1 year later...

yep i had to change mine too, im at 10+ now. i've driven it about 175k kms since I got it :jig: still running pretty well, although it needs some more bodywork again :whip:

Edited by nige

Props to Phantom...for resurrecting this!

I'm closing in the one year mark, sadly it may not be much longer, as gas is nearing $4/gal and I am unemployed :thumbsdown: time will tell. Other than the mpgs, I love it. Have carried up to about 700lbs in the back, sagging but it torqued right along.

Props to Phantom...for resurrecting this!

I'm closing in the one year mark, sadly it may not be much longer, as gas is nearing $4/gal and I am unemployed :thumbsdown: time will tell. Other than the mpgs, I love it. Have carried up to about 700lbs in the back, sagging but it torqued right along.

had mine a yr already, it had 206,000 mi on it when i bought it. it has 223,000 on it now. only thing ive had to do was put 1 injector, and grease the ac clutch bearing.new brakes and new tires. and im the 2nd owner.

had mine for a few months..(dont be a hater! i plan on keeping it for a while. :D )

i have to admit.. i have learned.. a LOT through this thing..

so far.. as a first vehicle it seems pretty promising.. It's survived me doing my first oil change and changing the oil filter without any leaks.. next ill be doing my first tune up! I've never messed with anything as deeply as i have this..

Updated my vote. Can't believe I've had this for almost 4 years. I've driven it around the entire united states. And that was with over 300,000kms and not one thing broke or wore out on that adventure. It was like 15,000kms

Not really sure the story behind my pathy. It was my uncles as far as I can remember but I don't know if he got it new or used. He gave it to the family either in 04 or 05. My dad and sister would drive it every now and then but then it sat for a yeah on the side of the house. I was 15 and started tinkering around with it then, I loved it! So I claimed it as "mine" and has been mine ever since. Original trans has over 245,000 and still going. It's starting to show some ware and tear, but I will never get rid of this thing. It's my life.

• Like 1

Not really sure the story behind my pathy. It was my uncles as far as I can remember but I don't know if he got it new or used. He gave it to the family either in 04 or 05. My dad and sister would drive it every now and then but then it sat for a yeah on the side of the house. I was 15 and started tinkering around with it then, I loved it! So I claimed it as "mine" and has been mine ever since. Original trans has over 245,000 and still going. It's starting to show some ware and tear, but I will never get rid of this thing. It's my life.

Picked mine up used in '03. Left it completely stock until, well .. two days from now! I feel that if I had stumbled upon this forum years ago I'd have already gone through at least one set of all terains. :scratchhead:

My PF was leased new back in late 2000 or early 2001, and my mother primarily drove it up until fall 2009 and 109k miles. I got my license December 3rd, 2009 and have been driving it since. Put about 13k miles on it. I originally didn't like the car much, probably due to the "bronzed grey" exterior color and beige interior color, but I've grown accustomed to it. I also grew from knowing nothing about cars to doing all of my own routine maintenance. It certainly keeps me occupied with something enjoyable and interesting!

I have owned mine for almost 5 years now, it has changed quite a bit and has about 176k on the clock and is still strong. Definitly starting to show some wear but that is expected and it is becoming more like a beast everyday. I am pretty much married to it with how much I have invested and I do not ever plan on selling it.

11 months (1995 SE) !

In that time, I've done a lot of work to to it (mostly maintenance issues that the PO, who was the original owner, didn't do) in it's 175,000 km life when I got it. This year I put on 25,000 km, and really love this super reliable vehicle (knock on wood). It is our dd and I want it to last us at least the next 8 years and at the rate I drive, that should bring us to 400,000 km. The only issue I have is with the frame, and this summer I'll be addressing that.

This is a very easy vehicle to work on yourself, parts are available and fairly inexpensive. This is our 5th vehicle and our 1st Nissan. These wagons are very capable to any situation they are put in & I'm really glad we got one!

I got Mini Me (92XE), my first Pathy Sept 4th 2003 (love of my life), followed by King CaCa (91SE) on Sept 1, 2004, followed by Piglet (88SE) on May 3, 2005, followed by Shadow (90XE)in August of 2007....... yeah, I had all 4 until 2009 lol. now i only have king caca :-(

nope, i don't love Pathy's....... :lol:

Edited by Slick

Got my 95 in jan 08, needed a car and all the s10s where out of my price range unless they where clapped out 2wd's. Went too look at a Jetta that was priced with in my range(1700) and noted a 95 GA 2 door and a eairly 90s Dakata for the same price. The Dakata was B/A, but was pieced togeather (ever see a 4 barrel 3.9 v6 with duel exhaust and a hood scoup witha 3+od manuel most balls I've ever seen in a dodge v6) and needed more work, the GA and Jetta didnt tickle me as much as they should have plus they where slush boxs.

The pathfinder looked solid, and ran and drove well enough, had a slight rms leak and the rear tires where balled. They wanted 1700 for it, I got it for 1500 plus tax( so it was 1700 still)

Drove it for a month and the frame broke, went back and the only car they still had was the dakota, drove it again and still had problems, and I wouldnt be able too keep tires on it. So the pathfinder got the frame welded. Been with me ever since other then the month and a half it was gone getting the timing belt and cam seal replaced. Tranny died in august 09 and it has been a bale pusher ever since. Once it gets nice out (and money allow) its getting the IFS cut off and a dana 30 in front with leafs and a slushbox rebuild and pressed into dd servis with knobbie 33s.

The 88 that I own now has been in my family since I was in kindergarten. Kinda cool to own a vehicle vehicle that you have practically grown up with your entire life. It's rolling up on 290xxx miles, and everytime I drive it's like playing a video game "getting to the next level" in miles that is ha. My Pathfinder is one vehicle I never intend to to let go of....

The 88 that I own now has been in my family since I was in kindergarten. Kinda cool to own a vehicle vehicle that you have practically grown up with your entire life. It's rolling up on 290xxx miles, and everytime I drive it's like playing a video game "getting to the next level" in miles that is ha. My Pathfinder is one vehicle I never intend to to let go of....

SO, 23 years! (be sure to add your vote)

I think you are the only person who beats me...(22 years with my pathy)

And I feel the same way about mine.

SO, 23 years! (be sure to add your vote)

I think you are the only person who beats me...(22 years with my pathy)

And I feel the same way about mine.

Nope you still have me beat haha. Mine was bought in 97 not brand new, so I'm approaching the 15 year mark.