Do you like mud flaps?

Tungsten

I was just wondering what everyones preference is on these. I always found them helpful, especially when there is salt on the roads. Thanks to them, my WD21 frame is still original and did not rot one bit. They also make you less of an asshat when it rains because tires don't spray water on windshields of small cars. :wiggle:

My XE had those non-flare 2 piece mud flaps. Only 2 were on the truck and both of the flap part fell off but I loved them. Now I'm flap-less and hate that whenever I travel a dirt road after it's been raining my truck turns brown and gets that sandy crap in all the window trims and makes a horrible screeching!

I want new flaps but don't give a crap about the cars behind me, that is what wipers are for man!

i like the mud flaps i have the non flare ones and they do the trick i noticed on my old pathy i took them off and if you drive on gravel alot or loose dirty behind thge tires on your paintly normally seems to get pretty beat up with scratchs and its hard to keep it from rusting then.

Mud flaps are fine if you don't go off road. If you do, you will probably rip them off, possibly damaging things in the process. If you have rims and tires, I think it looks better without anyway. I like the fender flares and they do help contain a little splatter.

B

My fender flares got bent out @ the lower back side of the front, making the mud flap constantly rub the tire...and now that I am on 33's, its gonna rip the flare right off...

I keep em on the back, because I'm pretty sure its required by law, and IMO it looks pretty decent w/o fronts, but with backs. (and I don't like the typical 'hes driving a lifted truck so hes a JA' thing)

Driving through the rain today, I could SEE the water being thrown off my tires beside me......I can only imagine what will happen when it gets snowy!

mine are really flexible so i've never had a problem with them wheeling. actually when trying to get the car dirty and spray it with mud its pretty hard i think because of the mud flaps lol, i usually get the backward looking pattern in the middle from the rear tires entering the mud.

I just took mine off the backs, the drivers side was still fine and functioning great, but the passenger had lost a rivet and therefore was drooped down just slightly, therefore rubbing on the tire and making unnecessary noise.. I am gonna try to figure something out for winter, but they are off for now

I think those make a phaty look better and help to keep it clean but talking about off road some times are just as nuisance I like how mine look with them :)

Edited by Ramon

• 3 weeks later...