Okay, so I have this new Pathfinder that needs to go offroading

MrJim

Does anyone want to head out to Reiter's Pit this weekend or next weekend? I have allot of lost time to make up for with my Pathy on the trails. :)

While there's no way I can make this trip....I'm glad to see you enjoying the truck again Jim! :beer:

I was just saying the same thing to myself.... Way to go Jim.....feels good to see you post to ask for trail buddies !...

Well now, it didn't take long for that bug to bite, now did it?? :D

But then, you really do owe us a lot of pictures... ;)

I'm just glad to have been part of the group effort. Sorry, but it's simply too far for me to take seriously; if you ever find yourself in NorCal... :beer:

B

Damn! Why does no one on the east coast ever want to go offroading?

BTW this WD21 kicks ass offroad, even in stock specs.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5-7wnhcYvSs

Fast forward 18 or 19 years and all their "top pick" Explorers have been laying dead in the junkyards for years giving up their trans coolers to keep 200k + Pathfinders on the road. :D

Someone high up in Ford and or Chevy must have bankrolled that episode. What a joke. I had a 94 Explorer and to put it over a Jeep, Pathfinder, and a Toyota on the trails is crazy. And I can't remember the last time I saw an S10 Blazer on the trails in Washington. Wow...

Well now, it didn't take long for that bug to bite, now did it?? :D

But then, you really do owe us a lot of pictures... ;)

I'm just glad to have been part of the group effort. Sorry, but it's simply too far for me to take seriously; if you ever find yourself in NorCal... :beer:

B

I think it would be cool to setup a trail of NPORA members from the West Coast to the East Coast and back and then setup a roadtrip where fello NPORA'ers could tag along for a piece as we passed through their state. Maybe some NPORA members would offer a place to stay for the nights along the way too. Could be cool...

LOL What do you get from that vid, besides the guy nutting himself right off the bat on the Jeep? Some mediocre bs and then

On clearance "The Nissan... was the highest of the bunch"

in the mud: "Traction was good in all trucks, though the Nissan did hold and edge"

On the Explorer:

"Novices will appreciate its intelligent push to touch 4wd" - LOL LOL LOL just ask anybody that owned an older Explorer. That "intelligent" push-button 4wd motor almost guaranteed took a s___ on them, and often when they really needed it, i.e. winter, mud, etc. My bro had to have his towed because of that trash. Good on ya Ford.

i know its a bit ways out but im heading to tahyua on the 7th of november with some rangers your welcome to come along

That is a 2 1/2 hour drive for me, but if you remind me I will probably make it. I am back to work on my Pathfinder now continuing the excellent job the guys did on restoring it. I got a winch ordered and a other things too. Just remind me and I will be there.

I was just saying the same thing to myself.... Way to go Jim.....feels good to see you post to ask for trail buddies !...

Thanks. It feels great to reclaim this part of my life again... :)

what time saturday? If its where I think it is It may take me 2 hrs to get there.

Is it hard, I'm kinda beginner level= likes dirt moderate articulation and bumps lol

Edited by MY1PATH

what time saturday? If its where I think it is It may take me 2 hrs to get there.

Is it hard, I'm kinda beginner level= likes dirt moderate articulation and bumps lol

We could meet there at 10-10:30? I do have my winch installed too. I ended up having to use the Warn M8000 (great winch) because the CSI winch would not mount in the ARB Bumper.

I am flexible on the time if you that is hard for you. You can let me know...

From Tacoma, its only about 30-45 min. You go across the Narrows Bridge, then just past Port Orchard you take a left onto Hwy 3, and go to Belfair about 10miles I think west. You can also cut across the Purdy Bridge just past Gig Harbor, but while its a little shorter you're doing like 35mph on a winding road for miles and miles. People tend to meet at Safeway right on the highway as you enter town on Hwy3, then head to the trail about another 10-15min up the road. I made it from my house in Bonney Lake (20 min to Tacoma) to that Safeway in 1 hour flat a couple weekends ago. The trail is not too hard if you don't want it to be. You can take a stock rig through just fine, then its up to you to take more interesting trails if you choose.

Have fun this weekend guys, I'm out due to prior plans. Packie, I may still be up for the 7th though, I'll know for sure the closer it gets.

Ok the safeway by 3 & 300? I can be there arround 1030 or 1100.

Here's my phone if you don't get ahold of me by tomorrow 650-200-5282

Much closer than I thought; somehow when I googled I wound up with Goldbar off of i2. here's a map I made of my directions(thanks pickles) Lemie know if I'm wrong.

http://maps.google.com/maps?daddr=23961+NE...mp;t=h&z=10

Mind If I invite a friend & his gf? He wants to see some trail one way or another so he will either be in his a stock blazer or he will be in my passenger seat lol

Edited by MY1PATH

Ok the safeway by 3 & 300? I can be there arround 1030 or 1100.

Here's my phone if you don't get ahold of me by tomorrow 650-200-5282

Much closer than I thought; somehow when I googled I wound up with Goldbar off of i2. here's a map I made of my directions(thanks pickles) Lemie know if I'm wrong.

http://maps.google.com/maps?daddr=23961+NE...mp;t=h&z=10

Mind If I invite a friend & his gf? He wants to see some trail one way or another so he will either be in his a stock blazer or he will be in my passenger seat lol

Hey,

This map goes to Tahuya, not Reiter's Pit. Reiter's Pit is by Goldbar. Here is a good link to find it...

http://web.me.com/jgreening/Jeep_Adventure...lls_Trails.html

My cell is 360-420-8684

Jim

Edited by MrJim

ok, So I was right the first time, Pickles why'd you send me the wrong way?

It'll take me about 2 hrs. so more like 1130 or noon ok?

Edited by MY1PATH

ok, So I was right the first time, Pickles why'd you send me the wrong way?

It'll take me about 2 hrs. so more like 1130 or noon ok?

Noon is fine. That takes some pressure off me too.

I went up to Walker Valley in a hard rain storm tonight in the dark and found a really cool spot to play. I found this clay pit that has an extreme narrow climb up one side with sharp turn on steep hilltop to come down in narrow climb down the other side. Hair raising and really cool. I would love to have been able to video that, but it was too dark. Next time...

Anyway, I am looking forward to tomorrow...

Jim