87 Pathfinder Lift question

GreaseMonky81

It has to be the turbo version.

Zero. The only ratios available on the 300zx were 3.5:1, 3.7:1, and 3.9:1. You will need to have your R&P setup on the LSD carrier. It will run you about $175-$225 just to have the gears setup if you have the diff pulled and take it to a good shop. It's not a straight bolt-up as the side flange lock nut needs to be pressed out of your side gear and then pressed into the LSD side gear.

If it is a 300zx turbo/non-SS from that year range and you decide not to purchase/install it, I would be willing to make you a decent offer. PM me if that's the case.

So basically you run the LSD carier from the 300ZX, and the use my ring and pinion?

What about running the BJ spacers, and UCA

Well I picked up tthe lift UCA some JGC springs and the body lift, also a double tube smittybuilt bumper.

But I am still wondering do I want to run the BJ spacers, and the UCA?

The 300zx LSD was gone

Edited by GreaseMonky81

I looked at the jJim Conner Racing site but did not see any think listed for nissan's. I wonder if i should go back and pull more parts from it, i only grabed the UCA's

yeah, they dont make the set up anymore. You might want to go back and grab the torsion bar set up. IIRC it has some sort of quad-bar setup. dont know what else might be on it.

Ok I tried to install the JGC coils and I only got 1/2" of lift whats the trick?

You probably grabbed the wrong diameter springs. The majority of JGC's have "thin" diameter springs. You have to find the thick ones.

You'll want at least 0.54" diameter springs, bigger the diameter the more lift you're going to get. You can figure out what thickness the spring is by either bringing a caliper with you or by checking the paper tag on the spring, read through this thread to decode the tags: http://www.nissanpathfinders.net/forum/index.php?showtopic=18 Start looking under V8 JGC's first, but don't rule out I6 Cherokees.

• 2 weeks later...

Ok here is my new dilemma, goes along the lines of the lift. I got springs that will work in the back the problem is that when I put them in and the control arms on the front and went to lift it, the control arms bottemed out on the upper bump stops before the thing levled out, I measured before and after and I no have 6" more inches including the body lift. So I decided to use the BJ spacers to see if that helped, and was able to level it out, after reindexing the torsion bars, but now when you put it in 4wd, the tires toe way in and when you turn makes a bad popping/grinding sound from tjhe front not to mention look like it will never be alingnable. Any ideas? I am really starting to get frustrated

You can't crank the front end up that high without making problems for your CV axles. They're still stock axles and they still have a stock range of angularity/movement. You need about 1/2" between the UCA and the upper bumpstop at least. There's really no way to match maximum front lift to rear lift with these things due to the IFS front suspension setup.

Ball joint spacers are not good in general if you intend to wheel your Pathy. Did you find the 1/2" spacers? I had a set on my Pathy and they nearly immediately broke my front suspension when I went wheeling.

On the JGC springs, you HAVE to measure them. The spring wire thickness is key. They also need to be 9 coils tall. I found some at a local junkyard that are .58" thick, which gave me about 3" of lift.

You can't crank the front end up that high without making problems for your CV axles. They're still stock axles and they still have a stock range of angularity/movement. You need about 1/2" between the UCA and the upper bumpstop at least. There's really no way to match maximum front lift to rear lift with these things due to the IFS front suspension setup.

Ball joint spacers are not good in general if you intend to wheel your Pathy. Did you find the 1/2" spacers? I had a set on my Pathy and they nearly immediately broke my front suspension when I went wheeling.

On the JGC springs, you HAVE to measure them. The spring wire thickness is key. They also need to be 9 coils tall. I found some at a local junkyard that are .58" thick, which gave me about 3" of lift.

The ones I found I am not sure on the thickness they where lift springs from the front of an XJ and before I sat at one height and after it was 3" higher thought it was all good. I know I can no fit 36" IROK's pn the front, but couldnt reall wheel with them

Edited by GreaseMonky81

• 4 years later...

If you are looking for a 1inch lift try tj front coil springs and cut the pig tail off. looks like stock almost but a nicer ride if you ask me. Just installed my tj springs this weekend and I love it. :dance: