Obama's opinion on Kanye West

Morningwould

Interesting I would have thought Obama would have backed Kayne like he did Michael Jordan and that black professor. It wouldn't be the first time Obama had played the race card. Seems like theres a lot of colored celebrities doing rebellious attention-getting things lately (Serena Williams). Enough is enough of this white guilt bull@!*%.

hmm.. i think you're seeing something that isn't there.. hatred can be so powerful. good luck with that.

No hatred here, just objective observation.

From Dreams of My Father: "I ceased to advertise my mother's race at the age of 12 or 13, when I began to suspect that by doing so I was ingratiating myself to whites."

From Dreams of My Father: "I found a solace in nursing a pervasive sense of grievance and animosity against my mother's race."

From Dreams of My Father: "There was something about him that made me wary, a little too sure of himself, maybe. And white."

From Dreams of My Father: ; "It remained necessary to prove which side you were on, to show your loyalty to the black masses, to strike out and name names."

From Dreams of My Father: "I never emulate white men and brown men whose fates didn't speak to my own. It was into my father's image, the black man, son of Africa, that I'd packed all the attributes I sought in myself, the attributes of Martin and Malcolm, Dubois and Mandela."

From Dreams of My Father: "The emotions between the races could never be pure; even love was tarnished by the desire to find in the other some element that was missing in ourselves. Whether we sought out our demons or salvation, the other race would always remain just that: menacing, alien, and apart."

Response to a quote: "The point I was making was not that Grandmother harbors any racial animosity. She doesn't. But she is a typical white person..."

From Dreams of My Father: "That’s just how white folks will do you."

Campaign: "Earlier in my college career, there was no doubt in my mind that as a member of the Black community I was somehow obligated to this community and would utilize all of my present and future resources to benefit this community first and foremost."

U want some more??

Racism by definition is simply cultivating the view that a certain race is superior to others. By that definition I would say all the quotes are racist, regardless of context. Plus I think he was raised in Hawaii; not really representative of mainstream US public opinion at the time.

Anyway forget it, I'm not out to start a partisan battle.

FYI I'm on the fence - I dont like nor dislike the guy.

Edited by joshellis

I Seems like theres a lot of colored celebrities doing rebellious attention-getting things lately (Serena Williams). Enough is enough of this white guilt bull@!*%.

"Colored"!?!?! Seriously? Does your pathfinder make it up to 88mph so you travel back to the 50's and use that term?

Also, I think there is a difference between thinking your race is superior to others and simply working towards leveling the playing field for a race that has historically been ostracized, beaten, murdered and forced into slavery.

...and I'm the dumb one, this is why I avoid political conversations. 1. People got to deep into their responses(it's the internet people, not everyone is goeing to agree. Live with it) 2. I just plain don't understand em, nor do I want to.