how mayn of you guys have pulled a domestic/import out of the mud with your pathy?

4X4pathy94

i pulled a jeep with front and back lockers stuck in big ruts, jeep wasnt lifted... but the lady and her husband in a 62 land rover were surprised how well the pathfinder was able to go through the mud and ruts..

Edited by 4X4pathy94

I've had to yank a stuck Bronco out once, no trouble. However I tried to yank a 4cyl standard cab Hardbody out of a creek once and couldn't budge him, hell, the H1 that we hooked up to him barely got him out, the creek bed was sand and it had him sucked in.

20500780004_large.jpg

:D

but fair is fair...I made it through the hole that day and 3 other holes that he went around after sending me through them (one of which he was stuck in over night and rightfully so, i thought i ripped my driveline out b/c there were several stumps in the center)...but about a year later in the snow I got to the middle of it in my 95 where someone with much larger tires got stuck and left me with all 4 off the ground...a 2dr YJ pulled me out...but we have no pictures of that b/c it was like 7am in the snow and I woke him up to come and snatch me out after about an hour or 2 of trying to use a come-a-long and no success

Yep...but never with the pathy it self(unless you count a cadaver in the ditch)I do most of my full size pulling with a full size jeep(or 150)

But I've been pulled out of my front yard in the pathy with a f150 before(read:my mom was pissed)(I didnt know how I got stuck,but bald duelers and street saver tires dont chunk that good)The truck wasnt even buryed,it just lost traction...

Video of Yozsi (before he did his SAS) pulling out a Yota from the mudpit in Hollister

name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="
type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>" wmode="transparent" style="width:400px; height:326px;" id="VideoPlayback" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" flashvars="">

This thread seems like blatant disrespect for the broad range of wheeling rigs out there. So what if you pulled out a domestic? Why act like it's a big deal when there's an equal chance it could be the domestic pulling you out? It's NO different than pulling out another Nissan or a Toyota or whatever other import 4x4s are out there.

I went around this past January when it snowed a few inches with my dad's jeep and looked for cars that drove off the road, and told em $20 bucks and I will pull you out...

Made $240 bucks in one day... Life is good...

Be careful doing this. By charging money, you may be liable for any damages/injuries incurred during the recovery. If you do it for free and let the owner know there might be damages beforehand, it will stand up a bit better in court (if you get sued). I would make them sign a waver and hook the gear up to their own car. I know it's ghey because you're just trying to help someone out, but this is law-land and there are lots of bored lawyers out there right now.

I agree with Kingman, who cares if you've helped out a domestic. They have pulled me out of more trouble than I have. If anything, i've pulled more nissans out of trouble, but that's because I run trails with them more often.

Be careful doing this. By charging money, you may be liable for any damages/injuries incurred during the recovery. If you do it for free and let the owner know there might be damages beforehand, it will stand up a bit better in court (if you get sued). I would make them sign a waver and hook the gear up to their own car. I know it's ghey because you're just trying to help someone out, but this is law-land and there are lots of bored lawyers out there right now.

I agree with Kingman, who cares if you've helped out a domestic. They have pulled me out of more trouble than I have. If anything, i've pulled more nissans out of trouble, but that's because I run trails with them more often.

changed the topic yea your right all 4x4's are equal sry for any hurt feelings. I just wanted to read some recovery stories.....