figuring out actual mileage?

ChaosSaint

So my beloved Pathy has 90,334 miles on the odo... how can I remember the mileage so well? Easy! It hasn't changed in the 2 months that I've owned it (and yes, I've been driving it daily). The odometer, along with the tach, are not functioning - the tach does flail around wildly which is amusing I suppose, so I guess it sort of works, just not how it's supposed to.

Anyway... is the actual mileage stored somewhere in the computer by chance? maybe retrievable by the dealer or something?

Edited by ChaosSaint

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I'm having the same identical problem to you, and my miles are reading 90,242(funny how close they are). Plus, I think this spell checker is getting mad at me(makes me feel like I need to go back to highschool):( --THANK GOD FOR SPELL CHECK OR YOU ALL WOULD KNOW HOW STUPID I AM :P

Edited by olddirtyrake

• 2 weeks later...

My trip and primary odo are both mechanical.

What sort of little white thing was it? Visible from the backside? I assume you had to take it apart to get to it?

fix your year on your profile. 95 clusters are purely elctronic. the spedogear does not turn a cable, it turns a sending unit and the culster has tiny motors in it....

now on the mechanical units it will be a white bushing with a square key sticking out of it. it snaps to the end of the cable. sometimes they crack and stop working right but this would only efect the odo trip and spedo...

fix your year on your profile. 95 clusters are purely elctronic. the spedogear does not turn a cable, it turns a sending unit and the culster has tiny motors in it....

now on the mechanical units it will be a white bushing with a square key sticking out of it. it snaps to the end of the cable. sometimes they crack and stop working right but this would only efect the odo trip and spedo...

You are correct... I ment that the read out of my cluster was mechanical - some have a digital readout.

I do know that it's an electric signal fed to the cluster, however, I do not know where the problem lies