nismothunder

What should I do  

4 members have voted

1. 1. Junk it?

• Let it rot forever
    • Spend more money taking it to a shop
    • Sell it for beer money?
    • See how many dents I can put in it with my head before passing out

Ok...so for the last month I've been working on my 1989 f150 lariet 4x4.

My dad bought it new and I got it in 2000 or 2001.

It had 199383 miles on it when the head gaskits blew.

Parts on the thang

1.Add-a-leafs and over loads on the rear.

2.8.8 rear axle with lsd

3.t-18 or 19 4 speed tranny(un siced 1st gear so I think its a 18)It was rebuilt about 3ooo miles ago

4.250 coils and shock and heavy duty stuff on the front.

what I've added to get it to be the truck I wanted.

Fiber glass fenders,

K&N air filter,

Rebuilt the engine.

Rebuild specs.

302 v8 bored .020 over to clean the walls up,cleaned up rotating assbly,had heads shaved,valves ported,deck resufaced,oil pump,all new bearings and so on.

Hedman headers(1 1/2 with 3" collecters) signal pipe with stock muffler for now but I have a pair ofThrush turbos waiting for 3 inch pipes

Msd plug wires,new Ac delco plugs,dizzy cap,rotor.2 hours on engine dyno to break in the engine.

Specs.@234 hp at 3400 rpm,322 lbs at 2200(using there intake)

Stock camshaft at the moment.

Hears what messed up.

I put the moter back in and every thing is all right.I start the engine,all wired and set up,my stock intake on with a tbi spacer.

The top end is mine,bone stock(intake not heads as stated before)

I start it and it runs good for about five minutes and then it revs it self.I dont mean like a bad intake gasket.Its like I'm in it and floored the thing.I shut it off and restart it...the same thing,from the moment the engine caught.

I ran the old girl throw the gears around my parents field,thinking it may go away but no.Its the same way.Like I'm driving with the pendal to the floor.

So What could it be.Bad injecters or some thing like that.

Also,the same thing happen when the truck blew up,the exxact same thing,the thing just reved up in neutral when I was moving it and went whump and died.

I'm really pissed about it and I dont want to sell it because its one of the cars I always wanted(the other being my moms 76/77 monte carlo) but I'm just sick of the whole mess.

What could it be?

The throttle cable isnt bindding.

its a 89 with a Fuel injected moter so I'm sure it has a ECU.

But Its not the same engine as the mustang 302(intake) The 'stng 302 had more advanced electronics and other stuff(I forget what exactly)

It was a high output MPFI motor with some different doodads, same motor as in the Crown Vics and related dinosaurs.

These do have an Idle Air Control Valve that is used for the rev limiter, may want to check into that and see how that's doing.

Not all crown vics.

I'm asuming that your thinking of intercepter when you say they have the same engine as the 'stang.Which is why there fast,but no,the cop cars had old 4 barrel 351s up to 91.After that the vics has the stang 302(for 92 only I think) and 4.6 v8s.

Another plus is that the stang has trw rods in them instead of cast.

My brother had this same issue twice on his thunderbird. The first time the Idle Air Control Valve failed. Second time his didnt attach his air flow meter correctly and the ecu basicly flipped out. Luckily it was a easy fix.

So I its gotta be the Idle Air control Valve then...since it did the same thing when it blew up.