AC front springs sagging?

nmpath

I have had my AC lift for 3 years now and it seems to me that the front of the truck is sagging lower and lower. My tires are rubbing a lot more then they used to. Has anyone notice their AC front springs sag after a few years? I know during the initial break in they compress about a half inch. Does anyone have any center of hub to bottom of fender measurements? I don't have fender flares on so I need a measurement to the fender. Its a 2002 R50 if it makes a difference on the measurement. Thanks, I appreciate it.

I have had my AC lift for 3 years now and it seems to me that the front of the truck is sagging lower and lower. My tires are rubbing a lot more then they used to. Has anyone notice their AC front springs sag after a few years? I know during the initial break in they compress about a half inch. Does anyone have any center of hub to bottom of fender measurements? I don't have fender flares on so I need a measurement to the fender. Its a 2002 R50 if it makes a difference on the measurement. Thanks, I appreciate it.

I have had mine now for almost 2 years and the front has sagged noticably, Over christmas break when i go home i will order new front coil springs and just use the old rancho strut. Oh and I will also replace my Bilstein rear shocks for some fresh OME rear shocks.

mycarshow035.jpg

Edited by fisherdude

Cool, I am thinking about doing the same thing. I wish there was a spring that would last longer then two years lol. Maybe ill just put some spacers in.

I've had good luck with OME MD and HD springs. If your replacing them you might want to give them a whirl.

They sag dont worry. Id stick with the AC coils, i heard forever ago that the first versions of the ac lift coils sagged easier then their newer version, so depending on how long you have had you coils you could have had the older version. Also if you take off your sway bar and if you have a bumper and what not it'll make it sag faster.

i heard forever ago that the first versions of the ac lift coils sagged easier then their newer version, so depending on how long you have had you coils you could have had the older version.

Any idea what constitutes the "older version".

Had my lift for 4 years now, the front springs are well compressed.