Appropriate avatars

Morningwould

Appropriate Avatar  

46 members have voted

1. 1. Is my avatar appropriate or not?

• YES
    • NO

haha no problem on the jeep thing...I was just like WTF

and I'm not saying change the rules...the rules are fine b/c they have been what they are (well until recently) what they were when I joined something like 4 years ago...The issue for me is the enforcement and I think I can speak for several people that its the same reason for them as well.

and it may very well be back "to hte way it was" now that most of the SFD kits have sorta kinda not really been resolved but not really in the limelight as much

and no NPORA hasn't always had a great number of overactive members but the ones that do participate will...I was shocked at the amount of votes in this poll after my vote was in...and it in itself says a lot for what should be "tolerable" or not...

I used to have a good time around here but really have checked out in the past few months when the modding IMO got out of hand and if it's settled back in a happy median then I've missed it b/c I'll lurk from time to time but just not what it was for me and probably why i didnt donate to rescue mrjim...which in itself is cool that most everyone helped and got it back and like i've mentioned several times i'd send a few parts if they're needed b/c his creation did save me some money and allowed me to help folks out but a lot of that has now gone to the wayside...I'm not one to usually say things esp if its for myself but I have several times b/c of other members feeling the same way, and they were members that I felt contributed a significant amount of knowledge and participation to the board. So that is why I reiterate multiple times of gather the opinion of the board as a majority and let things go from there but if not that's fine too. For me I don't forsee a NPORA sticker ever going on my truck or my participation returning to the level it was no matter what happens but offer it as a suggestion to help keep other folks around. But there's always a chance all of that could change as well, i reckon it's all a matter of what's in the cards

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

There have been a few posts lately about moderation, and I am curious....

While this may be none of my business, I feel inclined to put forth my opinion, so here it is....

IF the incidents UNCC and the others were referring to were all relating to the same moderator, maybe it's time for a change in that respect?

IF the incidents were related to a number of moderators, I'd say that UNCC (and anyone else feeling the same way) is overreacting, and that the incidents and their timing are coincidental.

I've spent a lot of time on this forum over the last few years. I've been around longer than most. I've never really had a problem with anyone, or the moderators (and if I have, it's been dealt with directly). I understand how things can get, trying to please everyone (never gonna happen) and I also realize that the mods and admins donate their time here to deal with things that come up. 90% of the time, nothing goes wrong, and there's a few links to fix, or threads to clean up. The other 10% of the time, a tough decision has to be made, which will surely alienate a few people. This is done to keep the harmony, and feel of the forum, which, as Red said, IS different from the rest, which keeps me coming back.

That said, moderation is a team effort, and all decisions should be discussed within that team (within reason). If one mod has gone rogue, that person should be looked at closely.

IF the incidents UNCC and the others were referring to were all relating to the same moderator, maybe it's time for a change in that respect?

this seems to be the case but I was told that the mods discuss things with one another prior to acting but I think it should definitely be reviewed.

personally, I like coming to a board where every other post is not F-this or F-that and rude pictures all over the place. Granted, there are some items that are in the grey area but, for the most part, this is a nice place to hang out. It has also been advertised as a family-friendly site and I believe we should respect that. The definition of 'family friendly' is where the issue is and the lines are definately defined differently depending on which individual you ask. (damn... that was a lot of 'D' words in a row)

^^^Agreed,Its kinda childish when all you see is f-this and f-that.But still somepeople see that as how they want to exspress them selfs and its there choice.But there has to be a line,and there should be a warning or two to start with,but if it doesnt stop,well...When it comes to that,I'm fine about them getting the boot to the arse out of here,ya hear.

Nor do I belive every one is going to agree with whats approprite.

When its the grey area I believe some kind of vote should be put in order by slecting a third party on if its ok or not.

Edited by nismothunder

the Debate on "Family Friendly" content is a debate that will never be decided in the black and white. I think if the Mods do meet/talk about issues brought up on the board and act as a whole, then i think we as members can/should respect that. But no matter what, some people are going to get rubbed the wrong way. Americans in general need to learn to grow some thicker skin when it comes to these situations anyway.

Just the other night, the farm i work at conducts summer hayrides, it happened to be my night to rope the kids in, and let them know the rules get them loaded and so on. One child asked me if he could stand up during the hayride, i said no, he said what about sitting on his knees, i again said no because it would be too tempting for him to want to stand up, and if everyone could just sit on their buts we would all have a good time. He looked at me like I had dropped the f-bomb. He then told me but was a bad word. I corrected myself with bottom. So, is but not family friendly??

This was just a point i wanted to make about pleasing everyone, and so much gray area is involved in what is actually appropriate. We all need to take a step back, realize this is just an online forum, not take things so much to heart, and realize what we are arguing about. That goes for everyone involved.

And just to note, I definitely agree with Simon on this one and what he stated above.

(EDIT: what he said on the last page)

Edited by sammyb33

Americans in general need to learn to grow some thicker skin when it comes to these situations anyway.

Yep...

Another side note is I know I started the whole controversial "demotivational posters" thread and speaking of SFW material...for those of you who saw my 1st post before it was requested to be changed; was shown to me by my boss who had called me to his desk saying "dude you put my email address in on you're e-harmony application and I was impressed with your answer to (whatever question number it was)" Then I saw it and immediately burst into laughter which prompted the secretary to come over and see what all the commotion was about and she burst out laughing. So that is why I started the thread with that poster b/c I thought it would be a fun topic and one of the topics that you would read knowing there's probably some material that may offend people of all walks of life but as adult's we should be able to handle material like that

Agreed,Its kinda childish when all you see is f-this and f-that.

I'd agree with that, my language can be considered "rough" on forums but its toned back probably 10x from me in person and I'm sure anyone that has met me on the trails can vouch for that...it's who I am and who i'll always be but I can usually adapt it to the environment which was done and within reason for a long time but then I started noticing more and more edits, warnings and it was starting to change in a negative direction as far as over moderation and I brought it up, be it the right or wrong way but that's how it was done...but I think i've put in more than my $.02

Back to the poll/avatar discussion

• 8 months later...

Yes, it is his fault. Lets ban him!!! :D

G, I looked at it several times before I even realized that it was a silhouette of 2 women (insert old age/blind jokes here). :shrug:

B

No need...I forgot this was hear...I sure you made the right decision because he still has it...

Wow this is old...Real Old...

:suicide: I find this offensive. Very. So much so that I stopped caring why I thought it was offensive. :lol:

Jose