Got My Lift Put On

http://i660.photobucket.com/albums/uu324/O...er/96lift32.jpg

Finally got my lift installed.....AC Lift with 32" BFG Mud Tires ( 2 New and 2 Used)..... 2 new lower link arms too, NO MORE DEATH WOBBLE! I'm very pleased with the results! Had some questions with the camber alignment bolts.....I bought them, but not sure how to install, so I skipped......How do you install the damn things anyway.....do you drill the holes? Also, my NX4 1" spacers took a little longer to arrive than I expected so those did not make it on either....Bummer. Warn Manual Hubs are newly installed as well. Slight rubbing ofcourse up front, will be trimming some plastic soon. Custom Front and Rear Bumpers are next on my list of things to get, Skid Plate and Sliders Too!

Thanks to all who have answered ALL my questions in the forum, without you guys, I could not have gotten this done!

THANKS! :aok:

Jose Baraquio

Truck looks great. Congrats on the lift and wheels/tires.

Did you do just the lower control arms and did that firm up the rear end? Wasn't sure if the upper arms had to be replaced as well.

Truck looks great. Congrats on the lift and wheels/tires.

Did you do just the lower control arms and did that firm up the rear end? Wasn't sure if the upper arms had to be replaced as well.

Just the lowers....I had the death wobble really bad! I read on the forum here that replacing the lowers would fix it.

Where did you get your roof rack from?

From craigslist. I paid $200. I then got a brand new one for $75.00 which I sold for $300 which paid for my shocks and struts . Got really lucky on that one. It's the Yakima loadwarrior with the extension btw.

Just a word of warning if you -3.75 to 4.00 backspacing on those rims to be careful while stuffing the tires in the the wells. I went fishing the other day, down a very beat-up and muddy, boggy road. Some of the holes were very deep and at one point I must have gotten a tire jammed under the fender well because it folded the fender well lip outwards and cut some blocks off of my very expensive MTs. I think I'll beat the rest of them upward with a hammer so they can't catch the edge of the tire.

• 2 weeks later...

I had a question burried in my original post. Can anyone go into detail how to install the camber alignment bolts? My guy that helped install, did not want to install because there were no original notches in the bolt holes. Do you have to drill the holes bigger to install the alignment bolts? I currently did not instal, but just used the original bolts.

Also, can anyone post pics of their inner fender plastic trimming? I have 32's and getting a fair amount of rubbing. Should I just remove all the inner plastic or is trimming the best option?

Edited by OfftourRoadie96

Also, can anyone post pics of their inner fender plastic trimming? I have 32's and getting a fair amount of rubbing. Should I just remove all the inner plastic or is trimming the best option?

Do not remove the inner plastic !!! This is all that protects you from an hydrolock if you go too aggressive in a small water hole...By remove this, you just created a direct path for the water to enter the air box... You basically have to cut a bit (1 inch) of bumper at the bottom front and you push forward the inner plastic fender to it's new place. I'll try to take pictures of mine...

:yeahthat:

You can get rid of the rubbing without removing all the plastic. I ended up cutting mine almost in half because I'm an*l about squeaks and rattles. Of course, now I don't have any at all - but then I don't have a factory air intake anymore either! :lol:

• 5 weeks later...
so all you did for your lift itself was you got the 2" ac suspension? or did you get the whole package? (im assuming from 4x4parts.com)

I bought the front and rear springs from AC, I pieced out everything else individually as I could afford...but I replaced pretty much everything!