Truck Lining the Pathy

Soccerstudd5

Thinking about ripping to carpet out of the 87 pathy and lining it with some kind of bed liner. It has no panels in the sides anyways, so I'm thinking I will just stuff some insulation in there, screw some sheet metal on it, and then line the whole interior.

Anyone done anything like this and what do you recommend?

I was at AutoZone and found they have a HercuLiner kit for $90 that does 60 sq ft. But then next to it I saw a Rustoleum kit for $17, just the rollers and such, but the gallon can of it was only like $20. They also have Rustoleum undercoating for really cheap.

Any suggestions or pics of what anyone else has done?

TIA!

The herculiner works great as long as you put on 2 - 3 coats. I used in in the bed of the last el camino I had and never had a problem with it. The only problem I can see with doing the entire floor in your pathfinder is the wiring that was hidden by the carpet that is now exposed. If you come accross the duplicolor spray on kit stay away from it. I used on the floor of a van once and the gun that comes with it is junk. and the material is not very durable. As far as the rustoleum stuff you found. I've never seen or used it.

Also if you have an undercoat spray gun. You can use that to apply any of these polyurethane bed liners.

Edited by Morningwould

Get 'em B!!! I alwys use brush on when using bedliner for anything, had luck with Herculiner and Duplicolor that way but as said it takes a couple coats.

I thought B was being cranky until I ran the search. There are a billion posts on this answering pretty much every question. Seems to come up every year.

Think I'm gonna try it in the cargo area first.

I thought B was being cranky until I ran the search. There are a billion posts on this answering pretty much every question. Seems to come up every year.

WTF? Like I'm not helpful or know what I'm saying?? :bwack:

Now I'm being cranky!!

(thanks again Pezzy, that's exactly what was needed!!)

B

WTF? Like I'm not helpful or know what I'm saying?? :bwack:

Now I'm being cranky!!

(thanks again Pezzy, that's exactly what was needed!!)

B

Touchy touchy! Sometimes it's faster to ask than wade through 1,000 search pages because the keywords show up in everything from PoHo to member's rides. Not true in this case.

Man, if this is what happens when one agrees with you. what happens when one doesn't ??? Get that nicotine gum!!!

Sorry, should've searched. Ran a search right before I asked about this that took me around an hour to wade through and I got lazy... horrible excuse, but that's what happened. Thanks for the help and the links, I'll search if I have more questions.

I hurculined my rig front to back.

2 coats everywhere, 3 coats in the High traffic areas (floor boards and cargo area)

I cleaned up but did not remove the tar sound dampener.

I ran a wire brush over everythign, and then cleaned with acetone.

did the hurcliner over 2 years ago and its holding up well.

the only place it has an issue is righ behind the drivers seat. It gets hot there due to the cat and its cracking a little bit, but nothing to be concerned about.