Windshields

daver123

Ok my 95 has had a busted window for like 9 months and its so bad now i need to replace it and i was wondering if any other years are compatible with the 95 as i am going to get one from a wrecker.

Thanx guys

I forget exactly what its called but it was called something along the lines of windshield removal wire. It was like $10.00 give or take a buck or 2at a local auto body supply place here. Slow sawing motion all the away around the windshield and alot of patience(somehow the wife and I were able to get it out of my 91 HB without breaking it). That windshield is currently in my truck now (88 Pathy) so 100% HB windshield WILL fit a wd21 Pathy.

Good luck...I have a seal puller and it broke the glass in my 95...when i pulled glass out of a 94 i used a set of guitar strings and it didnt break until it sat in storage here in hell and I guess the 120 deg outside temp made the heat inside the shed get hot enough to crack it before I got to replacing it...so i'm now at about 3 years on a really busted up front glass in my 87

87-95 pathfinders
I know that one for sure not sure about the HBs

Ok my 95 has had a busted window for like 9 months and its so bad now i need to replace it and i was wondering if any other years are compatible with the 95 as i am going to get one from a wrecker.

Thanx guys

Why go through all that trouble? A new one installed is only a little over 100 bucks. It doesn't seem like it is worth that much effort for so little money.

Edited by ditchdiggerjcf

Why go through all that trouble? A new one installed is only a little over 100 bucks. It doesn't seem like it is worth that much effort for so little money.

The thrill of the hunt...

In all seriousness, might be dirt cheap at his local yard for one(mine was free, being out of a truck I was unfortunatly scrapping). A total of $50(making a # up) and being able to say he did it might be cheaper than $100 and watching it done. Not picking on you, just throwing an idea out there

The thrill of the hunt...

In all seriousness, might be dirt cheap at his local yard for one(mine was free, being out of a truck I was unfortunatly scrapping). A total of $50(making a # up) and being able to say he did it might be cheaper than $100 and watching it done. Not picking on you, just throwing an idea out there

Some of you guys really do need to get a life! :beer:

I went the cheap route like mentioned, iirc it was $150installed, and they did a @!*% job and now I have rust around my windshield.

I'm tempted to remove it and repair the rust but I have some idea of how to get it out but no idea how to get it back in.

for the price, i wouldn't go to the wrecker.

I just recenty had to replace mine.

Well, since my rig is not a DD I called around.

I had a company come to my house, take out my old windshield, put a new one in it (with installation guarantee) new trim, haul off the smashed old one.

Im now 215 bucks poorer.

Thats actually a great price. your going to pay 100 for a piece of glass, 30 bucks in new trim (cause you will screw up the old one) and 30 bucks in eurethane..

how much are you really saving.

I'm one of those DIY guys (even on stuff i shouldn't) but i could not pass this up for the cost.

gotta agree with 87, if I ever crack a windshield, I'd much rather spend the bigger bucks, and have someone come to me and do it right, and guarantee it versus me trying to do it, and possibly messing something up horribly, or worse spending 50 bucks on a windshield and breaking it before I could get it in....

for the price, i wouldn't go to the wrecker.

I just recenty had to replace mine.

Well, since my rig is not a DD I called around.

I had a company come to my house, take out my old windshield, put a new one in it (with installation guarantee) new trim, haul off the smashed old one.

Im now 215 bucks poorer.

Thats actually a great price. your going to pay 100 for a piece of glass, 30 bucks in new trim (cause you will screw up the old one) and 30 bucks in eurethane..

how much are you really saving.

I'm one of those DIY guys (even on stuff i shouldn't) but i could not pass this up for the cost.

Were your guys a nationwide service?

Thanx guys

Is that British and Argentinian flags I see?

I phoned around and i couldnt find a company that would do it for that cheap around here... my plan was to get a windshield used and bring it to them to install to at least save money there. There is a wrecker out here that has really cheap rates for almost everything.

Where I was in NYC, safelite was over $200, as were most legit shops. The place I went to didn't change the trim, they reused all the old stuff (I thought they all do that?) and now my roof is rusting, I love saving money on incompetent work.

Where I was in NYC, safelite was over $200, as were most legit shops. The place I went to didn't change the trim, they reused all the old stuff (I thought they all do that?) and now my roof is rusting, I love saving money on incompetent work.

Where I live, the cost was alittle over 150 bucks. They did replace the trim for that amount.

• 2 weeks later...