Black steelies

thademon

jegs, summit racing.....

Those would be your best bet.

But you won't find any 15x6 to my knowledge, so best get a bl and sl then go with 15x10 or 15x8 and 33's :D

I was going to go with 15x8 4 w/32's

looking for it to be aggressive but some what streetable

I was going to go with 15x8 4 w/32's

looking for it to be aggressive but some what streetable

Im pretty sure im not mistaken, but you will probably need a lift with 32's

After my ongoing experience with a body lift, and your mention of rust in your sig, i highly suggest a SL vs a BL if you choose one over the other......

The tire diameter doesn't matter as much as the width, a 31x10.5x15 needs a 7 inch wide rim, so I think you could run up to a 11.50 wide tire with that diameter and 15x8's..

You should also aim for either 4" or 3.75" backspacing :-)

and don't forget, 6x5.5 bolt pattern!

15x8's shouldn't cost you any more than 40 bucks per wheel :D

If your looking for aggressive and streetable, I'd go with a bfg series tire, either the MT or the AT.......depending on HOW streetable, and how much money you want to spend, both of these tires are well spoken for.

Edited by OldSlowReliable

Im pretty sure im not mistaken, but you will probably need a lift with 32's

After my ongoing experience with a body lift, and your mention of rust in your sig, i highly suggest a SL vs a BL if you choose one over the other......

The tire diameter doesn't matter as much as the width, a 31x10.5x15 needs a 7 inch wide rim, so I think you could run up to a 11.50 wide tire with that diameter and 15x8's..

You should also aim for either 4" or 3.75" backspacing :-)

and don't forget, 6x5.5 bolt pattern!

15x8's shouldn't cost you any more than 40 bucks per wheel :D

If your looking for aggressive and streetable, I'd go with a bfg series tire, either the MT or the AT.......depending on HOW streetable, and how much money you want to spend, both of these tires are well spoken for.

I sold the rustfinder but I'm looking for another in better condition, I had a set of 31 inch bfgs on my 87 and it seemed like I could fit some 32's...check out my pics in the noob section

32s will definitely fit on the stock chrome 15x6 rims. Most won't recommend it, but when you air down a narrow rim will hold the bead better. I only had to trim a little off of the front corner of the front fender flare. The only rubbing was at full lock on the side of the PS box. Definitely not a big deal especially since you can adjust the stops to prevent that rubbing. If you are going to lift I would suggest picking up the 15x8 steelies from Summit. They have good prices and shipping is cheap too. If you have a Discount Tire shop near you they will match online prices.

32s will definitely fit on the stock chrome 15x6 rims. Most won't recommend it, but when you air down a narrow rim will hold the bead better.

I agree, most won't recommend it... :D

I had 31x10.5" on the 6" rims and they were pinched; no way would I put 32x11.5" tires on them!!

B

My old Pathy had the stock chrome wheels with 32" BFG A/Ts. That's the way I bought her and I never bothered to buy new rims. I never had a problem with the bead or tread wear. I can't believe that Wal-Mart mounted them for the PO in the first place.

My old Pathy had the stock chrome wheels with 32" BFG A/Ts. That's the way I bought her and I never bothered to buy new rims. I never had a problem with the bead or tread wear. I can't believe that Wal-Mart mounted them for the PO in the first place.

do you think walmart would mount a 33x1250 on an 8" wide? ive always wondered, rec'd width is 8.5-10

They did for me. On my other Pathfinder they mounted 33x12.5" BFGs on 15x8 black steelies with a 4" offset. That was a pretty nice combo. That truck had BL and SL and it still needed trimming in the front though. A sawzall will make quick work of the front corner of the front fender.

I'm picking up a set of these 15x8 -24 offset:

desert-rat-black.jpg

Shorn with a set 31x10.5 maxxis bighorns on tuesday. I wouldn't go any bigger as my worn AT's at full lock leave little clearance. It'll also be interesting to see if i get any rubbing with the extra offset as the current works alloys are a -10 and again at full articulation, leave little clearance. though they're a 7" rim, so there shouldn't be too much difference.

Except the truck will look more badass and be more fun in the mud. :D

• 2 weeks later...