porting intake manifold on a vg30 ?

300zx guys take the patfinder vg30 manifold and do a P&P on it. Don't know the gain becuase theres also againfrom using the pathy manifold in the first place.

IMO P&P usually assists marginally to High rpm aplications. Its benifit to torque and low range is non-existant if not negitive.

300zx guys take the patfinder vg30 manifold and do a P&P on it. Don't know the gain becuase theres also againfrom using the pathy manifold in the first place.

IMO P&P usually assists marginally to High rpm aplications. Its benifit to torque and low range is non-existant if not negitive.

I agree that the benefits will only be seen in the higher rpm's, but, when I pull the boat my engine is constantly in the 3500-4000 rpm range.

Do you know of any websites that might offer a little more info on p@p my intake?

From what I've read there isn't much you can do to make it less of a pig, short of a supercharger or changing to a 3.3L.

I am not looking for a lot more HP. When I tow the boat I keep the tranny in 4th gear to keep my rpm's up, and my engine making decent HP. I would like to make a few mods to help out with my trucks towing capability.

I am not looking for a lot more HP. When I tow the boat I keep the tranny in 4th gear to keep my rpm's up, and my engine making decent HP. I would like to make a few mods to help out with my trucks towing capability.

Hence the 3.3!

I really don't think port matching or polishing will make much if any difference with the vg3.0. Also you're not supposed to use 5th when towing.