rear window struts

trenton163

hey everyone, whats up?

so a few weeks ago i went into autozone in need of some new rear window struts, when i got home they where the wrong ones, i went back and asked the dude at the counter and he loked on the computer and said that everythings was right? so i returned them and now i cant seem to find them any where? does anyone know where i can get new ones?

hey everyone, whats up?

so a few weeks ago i went into autozone in need of some new rear window struts, when i got home they where the wrong ones, i went back and asked the dude at the counter and he loked on the computer and said that everythings was right? so i returned them and now i cant seem to find them any where? does anyone know where i can get new ones?

Do you mean the window, or the hatch?

What year?

right there could be the whole issue.. autozone has the right ones, for sure.. same with advanced

Yeah, i replaced three of the four on mine a few years back (PO didn't, and the hatch would fall on me as a kid...not fun)

If you have a wd21, I can get you the part #'s but the rear WINDOW, they riveted in the one end, so you gotta drill out the rivet to be able to put a new strut on....atleast thats how i did it for one of them :\

Find a pair of cheap locking pliers and clamp them on the strut. It's cheap and installation is simple. Extra locking pliers can also come in handy for other chores. Luckily for me the struts on my new Pathy actually work.

Rockauto.com has the correct ones, prices good and shipping is quick. I replaced mine not long ago and they work great.

I installed keyless entry long ago and when I pop the rear window (works the same with the dash switch) the window opens all the way on it's own, on all but the coldest/wettest mornings

I got the ones for my hatch from JCwhitney about at least 6 years ago and they're still holding it up with no sagging. I'v been meaning to replace the glass supports for a while but just have never had any real need too. Supporting the glass with my head isn't that big of a problem, since I hardly ever use the glass instead of the hatch.