Exactly how not to go mudding

Precise1

I'm thinking trapped under the body and going into the cab if they had exhaust leaks or some shorty exhaust that didn't clear the sides of the truck??

Still, exhaust stinks, so wouldn't you open a window when you first smell it?? :shrug:

B

I'm thinking trapped under the body and going into the cab if they had exhaust leaks or some shorty exhaust that didn't clear the sides of the truck??

Still, exhaust stinks, so wouldn't you open a window when you first smell it?? :shrug:

B

That's what I was thinking, maybe they were running an exhaust cutoff under the truck?

If it was a newer truck it's possible it had a cabin filter that was filtering out the smell of the exhaust but not the carbon monoxide.

It is definitely a weird story :scratchhead:

I feel bad for the families but at the same time, all 5 of them passed out at the exact same time? They didn't realize something was wrong after one did? Did they have no floor in the truck with the exhaust ending directly under the cab? The windows or doors don't work?(I don't care how hot it is, I still prefer to breath) They were just goeing to sit there until the truck magicly moved itself to a safe spot? Sorry, I am just agrivated over the whole thing, obviously...

I don't get how this happened either. At first I figured it must have happened at night and they were camping in the car until help could come, everyone fell asleep, something changed (maybe the water level rose) and then they just didn't wake up, but this was during the day time and in a fairly short time span.

From about.com:

Mild headache.

Nausea and serious headache. Fairly quick recovery after treatment with oxygen and/or fresh air.

Symptoms intensify. Potential for long term effects especially in the case of infants, children, the elderly, victims of heart disease and pregnant women.

This is the symptom progression prior to loss of consciousness. How do you not notice this and get out of the car? Were they all hopped up on drugs or drunk to the point that they couldn't tell? Wouldn't the car be visibly smoky in order to due that kind of damage in that amount of time? I think there must just be some very important facts missing here.

I'm just as confused as to how this would actually happen as told too :shrug:

But I gotta say, my understanding of "mudding" was WAY off :blink:

"mudding," where people try to drive vehicles through shallow pools created by heavy rainfall.

The facks dont add up,it had a tail pipe,it was a pick up,not a suv and there where other people around.48 inchs of water is 4 feet,wouldnt the water be deep anuff to kill the engine since the tail pipe was under the water(who has a jacked up 4x4 with the exhaust below the axle?)

I gotta agree with the darwin factor

The facks dont add up,it had a tail pipe,it was a pick up,not a suv and there where other people around.48 inchs of water is 4 feet,wouldnt the water be deep anuff to kill the engine since the tail pipe was under the water(who has a jacked up 4x4 with the exhaust below the axle?)

I gotta agree with the darwin factor

It says less than 48 across the entire pond.....so it could have been 12 where they were...:S

very fishy

It says less than 48 across the entire pond.....so it could have been 12 where they were...:S

very fishy

Murder.

:rofl:

Suicide ?

A fishy story

yeh definatly something going on there. nothing mentioned about the vehical only the medical on bodies.

if it was suicide they probly didnt want to report it as such. the only thing i can come up with in a pond????

maybe so poeple couldnt get to them to stop it??????

i dont know.

silly