New Pathy Owner - Ex Jeep Wrangler - U.S. Venezuela

GreyAliens

Hello Gang! I have been an avid Off Road fan both here in the Great U.S. of A. and my native Venezuela. Also was a long time owner of a TJ Wrangler (since new) . I had to sell the Wrangler less than a year ago due to a lay off ( I have a great job now) and a fire in our place so we needed money. (I was renting and my insurance did not cover everything).

Last week the wife was talking to the owner of our mechanic shop (A Lady as well) and next thing you know, I am the owner of a 1990 Nissan Pathfinder SE V6 blue with a sunroof and the spare tire carrier, 5 speed, power everything, a trippy blue velour interior that looks brand new and a nice roof rack.

I love it, I have not received it yet, Rosie the mechanic is changing the belts, water pump, spark plugs, charging the air conditioner, vacuming the interior, washing the truck, tinting the rear windows and I get it in July.

The truck has 132,xxx miles but, i don't care, nor am I worried. We have know Rosie for a long time and she has owned this truck since new. SHe had seat covers on the thing, that removable shade on the sunroof is still there, the power mirrors, crusie control, all that works. (have not tried that sport / crusing suspension) that would be nice if it works.

I did not see the little light come on on the fog light switch, but I am sure I can handle those things.

Anyway, coming from a Jeep TJ it blows me away the lack of aftermarket products for the early model Pathy's. At the same time, as I grew into fourwheeling, lots of friends (back in SoCal) made their own products. Also the Pathy is LOADED, what more do you want?

All I want for my Pathy (for now since I will be using it to go to work everyday). is a bull bar. I was hoping to get a used one from one of you guys then eventually buy a custom made one.

Can any one recommend a brand / model number / average price? I would like a black one.

Secondly I saw some (probably no longer made) Nissan pathfinder WIDER fender flares and even a body kit (lower body cladding) nothing racer looking, just looks nice.

Regards, Gus!

Bay Area California.

Edited by GreyAliens

Welcome! WAVEY

Yup, there isn't anywhere near as much aftermarket support as there is for Jeeps. But don't let the mild manners and everyday cruising ability fool you. These trucks can go most places and do most things you could reasonably want. (Not counting things like 40"+ tires and stuff, though some folks HAVE done that too.) Part of the charm is being able to hang with the toughest off-road vehicles when no one expects you to. Then you just hose it off and drive to work. :lol: Can't do that in a lot of the rigs I see on the trails. :lol:

Anyway, you're gonna have a lot of fun. We have one guy on here who's at 400k miles all original I think. So yours is practically new at 132k miles!

Cheers DC and NZ! you are right, the more I built by TJ the less it was fun to drive to work.... and the PAthy is so nice and wide (yet not bulky) I can sleep in that thing... good luck taking a nap in a Jeep Wrangler.

I am looking forward to driving around the U.S. In the past I have driven from SoCal (Los Angeles) to New Orleans. Also from San Francisco (NorCal) to Grand Canyon, AZ Bryce Canyon Utah, and Mount Zion, UT. I do want to do an East Coast trip next year.

Maybe in a few years, head out to Aussie and NZ!

I should be getting a home towards the end of the year, once in place you folks are invited, it's a good launching place to go camping / off roading / wine country / Bay Area / Even Los Angeles is 5 hours from there.

regards,

Gus P.

Go Machester U.

GO Barcie (Barcelona F.C.)

Go Angels (U.S. Baseball)

Go FortyNiners (U.S. Football)

Welcome!

I actually might have a brush gaurd that could work for your Pathy (I never could get it to line up properly on mine, making me think it was designed for 90-95 Pathys). It's been in storage at a friends house, so I'd need to make sure he hasn't gotten rid of it.

Anyways there are quite a few active members up here in the Bay Area, check out the Southwest States subforum for meet-ups and such.

Hope we can help you out with any questions you might have!

WAVEY

Oh, I'm in Santa Cruz by the way.

Edited by SC88Pathy

Welcome Gus!! Congrats on the 'new' pathy!!

The truck has 132,xxx miles but, i don't care, nor am I worried.

At 132k, it really should have a lot of life left in it. We generally consider a Pathy broken in when it hits 100k and there are many of them on the road with 250-300k miles.

Look around for the mileage poll, in the General forums I believe...

I'm in Santa Rosa BTW... :beer:

B

SC88 right on! I would love to get that bar and see if it works. Sorry I did not post earlier, I have been working late trying to make a little more money. I got pics of the Pathy. It is at the mechanics until she cashes the final check I gave her at the end of July. I was working nearby that day so I passed by after work. :itsallgood:

I am going to post some pics under member's rigs.

Welcome!

I actually might have a brush gaurd that could work for your Pathy (I never could get it to line up properly on mine, making me think it was designed for 90-95 Pathys). It's been in storage at a friends house, so I'd need to make sure he hasn't gotten rid of it.

Anyways there are quite a few active members up here in the Bay Area, check out the Southwest States subforum for meet-ups and such.

Hope we can help you out with any questions you might have!

WAVEY

Oh, I'm in Santa Cruz by the way.

Precise! You are in Petaluma!? We may have to do a nice fall camping / run what with you and SC88 and I am sure I will meet more folks from NorCal on here. I used to go to Hollister Hills, they have nice trails there and a nice camping area, of course I am sure there are more 'natural' places to go to.

Regards!

Gus.

Welcome Gus!! Congrats on the 'new' pathy!!

At 132k, it really should have a lot of life left in it. We generally consider a Pathy broken in when it hits 100k and there are many of them on the road with 250-300k miles.

Look around for the mileage poll, in the General forums I believe...

I'm in Santa Rosa BTW... :beer:

B

Precise! You are in Petaluma!? We may have to do a nice fall camping / run what with you and SC88 and I am sure I will meet more folks from NorCal on here. I used to go to Hollister Hills, they have nice trails there and a nice camping area, of course I am sure there are more 'natural' places to go to.

Regards!

Gus.

Hey Gus!! No, I moved to Santa Rosa, but not much difference, eh? I wouldn't mind planning a camping/wheeling trip a couple of months from now. If I stay on it, the truck should be close to 'done' by then and be a lot more fun... :D

B

Regards!

Gus.

I would love to go but as of now my pathfinder is off the road, and until I can find work it's going to stay there (fixing the auto trans isn't cheap). Hollister is great, and I have yet to attempt a trail that my pathy didn't eventually make it's way up (except for the time we figured out I had a broken automatic hub).

I'll get ahold of my friend and find out if he still has the brush guard.

Talked to my buddy last night, he thinks the guard is at his parents house. Said he'd ask his dad if it was still around next time he talked to him.

Otherwise I'm planning on a junkyard trip in the next week, I'll keep an eye out for one there

Talked to my buddy last night, he thinks the guard is at his parents house. Said he'd ask his dad if it was still around next time he talked to him.

Otherwise I'm planning on a junkyard trip in the next week, I'll keep an eye out for one there

this Saturday I am going to some soccer game in Santa Clara my boss got me so me tix. Next week I think the wife is taking us somewhere but if not, i'll check with you. I love going to junk yards.

p,s, what type of work are you looking for... I may be able to help...

this Saturday I am going to some soccer game in Santa Clara my boss got me so me tix. Next week I think the wife is taking us somewhere but if not, i'll check with you. I love going to junk yards.

p,s, what type of work are you looking for... I may be able to help...

At this point I'm looking for just about anything, preferably somewhere in Santa Cruz or San Jose. My girlfriend and I are thinking about moving to San Francisco once we can afford to though.

I have a B.A. in Economics with a focus in Marketing and Economies of Developing Countries (mainly marketing though). About a year and a half of experience in marketing, and another half year of insurance sales. Lots of experience in office settings (worked as a file clerk in a doctors office and as an office assistant at a local chamber of commerce, plus my marketing experience). Also a lot of experience in vineyard and winery work, my parents own a small winery.

Another board member and I are planning on making a trip to the junkyard very soon (his board name is Enjoi408). Hopefully we're going this weekend, I'll send you a PM when we figure out when we're going.

I have this for sale,

http://www.nissanpathfinders.net/forum/index.php?showtopic=17113&st=0

I am in Manteca

Not to far from you. It was installed on a 1991 pathfinder

Look forward to some wheeling with you. We keep losing wheelers to the area. With enjoi breaking cv joints and sc88 frying transmissions and slick moving out of state there has been few people to go wheeling with, SNIFF SNIFF

Edited by msavides

I have this for sale,

I am in Manteca

Look forward to some wheeling with you. We keep losing wheelers to the area. With enjoi breaking cv joints and sc88 frying transmissions and slick moving out of state there has been few people to go wheeling with, SNIFF SNIFF

Enjoi's truck is fixed! But he's rolling on 32" AT's for the moment...

At this point I'm looking for just about anything, preferably somewhere in Santa Cruz or San Jose. My girlfriend and I are thinking about moving to San Francisco once we can afford to though.

I have a B.A. in Economics with a focus in Marketing and Economies of Developing Countries (mainly marketing though). About a year and a half of experience in marketing, and another half year of insurance sales. Lots of experience in office settings (worked as a file clerk in a doctors office and as an office assistant at a local chamber of commerce, plus my marketing experience). Also a lot of experience in vineyard and winery work, my parents own a small winery.

Another board member and I are planning on making a trip to the junkyard very soon (his board name is Enjoi408). Hopefully we're going this weekend, I'll send you a PM when we figure out when we're going.

SC88 PM sent regarding jobs.

I have this for sale,

I am in Manteca

Msavides PM sent re bumper winch combo.