takeing off the cat

shane

Magnaflow

http://summitracing.com/parts/MPE-53004/

http://summitracing.com/parts/MPE-22760/

As for tire pressures

I run my AT's at 35 on road and 15 or lower on the trails.

As Kingman said the lower pressure allows them to conform better and you get a bigger contact patch with the ground. In the real world this means: less likely to pop a tire on rocks, and better traction.

35? Man that must be a stiff ride on the road. The factory rating is 26 and that's what I ran in the winter because of the pot holes and lack of traction.

35? Man that must be a stiff ride on the road. The factory rating is 26 and that's what I ran in the winter because of the pot holes and lack of traction.

Eh I don't mind a stiff ride which is why I have the factory shocks set to sport.

• 4 weeks later...
im tring to get a high flow cat i get pulled over for dumb reasons and thats just one less i dont need. I have a 40 series muffler and no cat. it sounds cool but its way to loud cops hate it.

Really...I dont believe there can fine you for not having a cat since your truck is more then 15 years old.

MN has a law that any car less then 15 years old needs a cat and after that its a free for all.I dont thinks a 3.0 can be louder then a 454 with straight pipes but then again I dont live in the citys.It sound to me like there more watching you cause you have a lift and mud tires on it then how loud it is.There trying to get you to stop driving it because they dont like lifted trucks or there scared that it is dangerus to other cars if you get into a accident or they dont like subs (if you have them) and are trying to mess with you.

I Have headers, a straight through pipe with resonator and a single lukey muffler, and to be honest, it sounds like a tractor. Pretty much like the one in the vid on the previous page.

i run my 31" Pirellis @ 40 psi on the road and 20 on the trail. If i run them at any less than 40 she gets REAL floaty in the back end. also, talking to the local tyre guy, he reckons that 40psi will net more miles. we'll see. As for the hard ride? My DD is a subie with bilsteins and 215/45/17's running 38psi front and 36 rear. The pathy is like a luxo barge compared to that.

As for the floatyness, i suspect new shocks will help somewhat.

Edited by Kiwi4x4