95 toyota 4runnder sputters

ac92pathfinder

95 toyota 4runnder sputters really bad. i had a code 52 for a bad knock sensor. but light went off. so im gonna get that replaced. could that make it sputter? i also had the same problem awhile back turns out it was a defective spark plug after they replaced the heads. im gonna pull the plugs out and cleam them and check the wires and exchange them. has anyone had this isssue? i also noticed a match smell to when it runs like that. im thinking an o2 sensor. if its the plugs whats causing it to fail? its a 95 4runner v6. thanks.

I'd start with the tune up items first (I had a distributor cap with no center electrode once, and it still ran ok, just stuttered at low rpm), vacuum lines, smog valves, etc (like with any car) first.

B

Don't mind all the buy nissan posts, it's a nissan forum so it's to be expected, even though it's hardly helpful :lol:

Did you replace the knock sensor yet.. if so did it help?

How about the plugs, check the cap and wires? Run it in the dark with the hood open and look for arcs around the wires.

I'd go with Reds idea,sounds like your dizzy is about done or your having to much current running threw the wires or there old and bad.

Could also be just bad gas...my camaro does that if I fill up with cheap super america of holiday gas.