*** Assistance would be nice

Nytrosfinder

I know there are sources out there on the web. But I am looking for personal opinions and Ideas from everyone on this:

Got a final exam tomorrow... I have review some stuff so I am not cramming it all in....

Does anyone have any Ideas, tips, tricks, concepts, special tools, etc. on preparing for a math exam?

Its Honors Pre-Calculus if that helps.

I have searched google and ask.com for some ideas. Got a few but I wanna know from personal experience what are some good methods...

Any Ideas, websites, thoughts or opinions will be considered

Thanks everyone for you help! Scored and 81 on the final exam! I am gonna graduate!

Edited by Nytrosfinder

Study. Memorize. Know the material. No real substitutes that I know of, you can't fake it with math and sciences.

Get a good night sleep and a decent breakfast, don't get wired on caffeine and take your time. Bypass problems that stump you and return to them when you have answered all the others, sometimes other questions will present the information needed or jog your brain into recalling/figuring something out.

Good luck...

B

Study. Memorize. Know the material. No real substitutes that I know of, you can't fake it with math and sciences.

Get a good night sleep and a decent breakfast, don't get wired on caffeine and take your time. Bypass problems that stump you and return to them when you have answered all the others, sometimes other questions will present the information needed or jog your brain into recalling/figuring something out.

Good luck...

B

Appreciate it!

For Math/Engineering type stuff....Practice Practice Practice. Do problems. Then, once you think you've got it, do more.

The best way to be prepared in the end of the class, is to stay on top of the work during the semester and keep reviewing/practicing the material. Then, hopefully, you'll get a good grade, but more importantly, the material will stick with you for a long time.

For Math/Engineering type stuff....Practice Practice Practice. Do problems. Then, once you think you've got it, do more.

The best way to be prepared in the end of the class, is to stay on top of the work during the semester and keep reviewing/practicing the material. Then, hopefully, you'll get a good grade, but more importantly, the material will stick with you for a long time.

Ya, beside making sure you know any formulas you need, practicing is really the only way to prepare for a math exam.

I appreciate the advice.

The other thing is that my teacher couldn't really teach. Only 1-3 people could really understand her for the year. Also she never stopped and asked if anyone had any questions. If she did, and someone started asking she would immediately just turn around and start writing stuff on the board.

Its been a frustrating semester... and I am just trying to pass the class...

Practice as everyone else said.

How I learned best was developing the formula's myself. Not just being handed a formula and being told "This is the formula to find this, now memorize it." I found that if you do the basic math and find out how the formula's work it sticks with you way more than just memorizing it.

Of course that's not very helpful if the test is only a day away, just something to keep in mind for your next math class.

there are always a couple of freebies on every test i have taken.. i think you can fake it but only if it's multiple choice.. i always did a lot of estimations.. then i'd pick the answer that was within 10% of what i estimated.. works well with curves and funky volumes.. but you still have to know the material as multiple choice test always have a couple of mistaken answers that many peeps will come up with.. also, if there are formulas involved that you have to memorize.. make a cheat sheet, then make another and another.. by the time you get to the second or the third one.. you'll know most formulas..

practice is good, as all said above.. but i would also work the problems backwards.. that's how you really get it..

http://www.wikihow.com/Cheat-On-a-Test

But seriously. Just practice. I found that a lot of the questions on my math exams were taken from the text book only with the numbers changed. That made it a lot easier. For example in my college math course it was mostly angles and all that stuff. I noticed that the questions on the exam were the exact same as the review, but with different variables.

Guess it is too late to be-friend a hot chick and cheat huh? Helped me back in high school when I took pre-cal. Seriously though I would skim the beginning of each chapter and write the equations down on a single piece of paper. (Saves alot of flipping back and forth in the book) then study these over and over again. Take breaks now and again for awhile so you can chill your brain. Think positive get a good nights rest. While eating breakfast read over your study sheet and go ace that test! Good luck

Thanks for the help everyone....I appreciate it!

adamzan- I got an iTouch.... with some calculators and forumlas on there... and a few photos of math related things

zonianbrat-I have been spittin game at girls all semester... I am set... there is this one that invited me personally to her graduation party this weekend....she told me get ready to have some fun.... but yeah back to math... I should be good with the whole girls thing!

I have studied for about 6-7 hours now today... hopefully I get it tomorrow!

its math...either u get it or u dont...i was good at math up until precal/cal 1 but in college i made it through cal 3...my cal1 teacher in HS told me i was an idiot and i would never make an engineer before I took her class...in the words of fred durst...I have the balls she can lick on...but yea cramming for me never worked it actually made me do worse...i always knew what to do and will/have been a bad test taker but can do it on a lets get this figured out basis...dont get stressed out and just relax...get it done and if not depend on the curve...but @!*% don't worry about it you'll do fine...

last word of advice...dont cheat its not worth it and if you fail, fail proudly...

Good Luck...

Take a deep breath.

If you can use a notecard for formulas and such during the test, do it, and leave room for more....theres always that last thing.....

I always go in early, and just think, look @ old tests, look @ my review homework, and think, 'is there anything else'

Now, idk if your a senior, or what...or if your in college, but if your in highschool, most higschool's have their exams only count for 20-25% of your semester grade, so if you have an A now, and you get 0%, you still have a C in the class, so if you dont do so great, its not a big deal. :)

goodluck!

Take a deep breath.

If you can use a notecard for formulas and such during the test, do it, and leave room for more....theres always that last thing.....

I always go in early, and just think, look @ old tests, look @ my review homework, and think, 'is there anything else'

Now, idk if your a senior, or what...or if your in college, but if your in highschool, most higschool's have their exams only count for 20-25% of your semester grade, so if you have an A now, and you get 0%, you still have a C in the class, so if you dont do so great, its not a big deal. :)

goodluck!

Yup senior year and Yeah i know about the 20-25% thing... same thing here... and thanks to a wierd testing style I have an A in the class??? doesnt make sense