Rocker panel replacement-

This i know,but i'm looking to see if anyone has source panels as well. ;)

I do not believe anyone has any info on this in terms of a source. I know cause I got the same problem. Bust bet is to either get some sheet metal and DIY. Or cut a panel from another car.

Do you have a 2 door or a 4 door?

I might be able to get rocker panels from you from my local yard. Cause here In the south there is very little salt so hardly any rust!

I do not believe anyone has any info on this in terms of a source. I know cause I got the same problem. Bust bet is to either get some sheet metal and DIY. Or cut a panel from another car.

Do you have a 2 door or a 4 door?

I might be able to get rocker panels from you from my local yard. Cause here In the south there is very little salt so hardly any rust!

It's a 4 door. I *really* need to post pics of her but my buddy is having trouble getting them back to me.

I remember seeing a post somewhere here from a bloke who replaced his with RHS steel. Heaps stronger, as they become an integrated slider. Cant remember where I saw it though.

i've got some with rock rash that are solid but shipping would probably suck a little (prob like $40 or so) ...starting to debate the chopping of the 95 and whether I want to start that here in the next couple of weekends

How bad is the rock rash? Anything's better then driving around with a hole in my car.

Hmm. On the driver's side i might be able to salvage some of the rockers to cover that up. Where i'm rotting is behind the front fender and ahead of the rear fender. It also goes up into the door and a slight ways up the rear fender. When i have access to a better camera (I've recently broken my phone and the replacement phone's camera is garbage) i'll get pics for you guys.

Hmm. On the driver's side i might be able to salvage some of the rockers to cover that up. Where i'm rotting is behind the front fender and ahead of the rear fender. It also goes up into the door and a slight ways up the rear fender. When i have access to a better camera (I've recently broken my phone and the replacement phone's camera is garbage) i'll get pics for you guys.

Hah, mine is the exact same, with recent trail pwnage :(

Goodluck, i may have to do this if i don't get some sliders soon

what I did was sand off the rust and fill the holes with expanding foam then sand over that, primer it, sand it again, paint, buff, and done

"and done" for a few weeks... the foam will trap moisture and accellerate your problem. But thats just my opinion...:my2cents:

• 2 weeks later...

One of the Ronin guys cut out the rockers and replaced with sliders I believe (theking) on ronin but don't remember as I have been out a while.

One of the Ronin guys cut out the rockers and replaced with sliders I believe (theking) on ronin but don't remember as I have been out a while.

That is kind of my plan for my 88. Cut out the outer side and weld in rectangular tube along the length.