Half Doors

probably with an open top, but cheesy for a permanent hard top.

Im mostly looking at it for the purpose of-

#1 being able to see more, specifically the position of my front wheels

#2 not having to worry about atleast the drivers doors being damaged

#3 More protection from debris than tubes

#4 Customizable, thinking about having a plexiglass window or similar setup on the lower half to increase visibility

Who knows....maybe this summer :-)

tube door supply you with protection from obsticals you may rub against...I go no for plywood...lexan would be cool with tubed doors

yeah, that was the other idea i was having.....just have some sort of attachment for tube doors.....

The big factor here for me, is $$$$....and although i haven't asked for prices, i can tell they will be atleast 200 for tube doors

http://www.greatlakes4x4.com/showthread.ph...light=half+door

Im thinkin this would be a nice cheap option for those of us who don't like doors ;)

Idk if ill be able to do it, cause the body on those are straight, whereas im pretty sure ours have a pivot....not sure..

Looks nice though :)

If you look @ the recent hinge pin post you can see the wd21 doors are a 2 hinge single pivot, just like that jeep. but unlike the jeep the pivots are inboard of the body instead of on the surface.

half doors tube or not should be fairly e-z to do but re-hanging the heavier stock door between offroad trips may prove to be a PITA unless you devolop some sort of hinge pin that can be gripped easliy enough to remove by hand and notch the door to clear such a pin...

If you look @ the recent hinge pin post you can see the wd21 doors are a 2 hinge single pivot, just like that jeep. but unlike the jeep the pivots are inboard of the body instead of on the surface.

half doors tube or not should be fairly e-z to do but re-hanging the heavier stock door between offroad trips may prove to be a PITA unless you devolop some sort of hinge pin that can be gripped easliy enough to remove by hand and notch the door to clear such a pin...

those pins are only hard to get out the first time.

them make sure they are clean and lubricated.

I just hit them once with a punch and hammer, hold the door up, grab the pin with my two little fingers. Pull on the pin giggle the door, and they come right out.

those pins are only hard to get out the first time.

them make sure they are clean and lubricated.

X2!!! most things come off easy on my pathy, its not plagued by rust or stuck bolts but that upper drivers pin took quite a beating b4 it went anywhere. The new pins and bushings fit snug I had to hammer those in.

Just buy another set of stock doors and get creative with a sawsall...

B

well, ill make a list...

1- WD21's are nonexistant within 75 miles worth of junkyards....

2- The ones past 75 miles want waaay to much for stuff

3- I don't have a sawsall

4- I don't have a welder or anything similar

5- If i did get a set of doors, chances are i would end up preserving them as 'spares' instead of halfin them, cause im a packrat

well, ill make a list...

1- WD21's are nonexistant within 75 miles worth of junkyards....

2- The ones past 75 miles want waaay to much for stuff

3- I don't have a sawsall

4- I don't have a welder or anything similar

5- If i did get a set of doors, chances are i would end up preserving them as 'spares' instead of halfin them, cause im a packrat

I could help out with the doors, but we do have that distance problem.

I could help out with the doors, but we do have that distance problem.

lawl...no kidding

I put up a wanted post @ gl4x4....and i found a guy who was parting out a 4d for cheap, but he posted the partout, then never came to check on it...

bastage.

Well, im not too sure how, but i lost my V key...sometime in the last three minutes....so now its a nub...but anyways...

The cutdown doors are looking alot more promising now, considering there are some saws on craigslist for under 30 bucks, and i drew up some quick plans on pscs4...so idk, if i can get four doors cheap (yes, if im doin it, its gonna be all four) then ill put more thought into it....

2zgewcy.png

i've got some rear doors but shipping would be unrealistic...

Yeah, i found a yard that only stocks 4x4, so ill check em out this weekend or next week...i think ill start with just the drivers door, or maybe just the front doors...depending on price

Refining the ideology ;-)

i <3 photoshop....

If i can get ahold of the guy selling parts, and get the door, im planning on cutting above the outside handle, and even with the inside armrest, and follow alot of the inside lines, including keeping the speakers functional

halfdoorsthreedeecopy.png

Um, you don't want to worry about damage to the doors and debris hitting the doors so you're going to cut them in half ? What happens when you worry about going bald ?

I found a way to check the wheel position without having to cut the door in half. Apparently, R50s have this glass thing that can move up and down. They call it a "window". Maybe it wasn't an option back in the day.

Ok, smartass jokes over. :lol:

I like your original idea of just keeping a pair of spares. But hey, whatever floats your boat man. Post up some pics when it's done.

Donor car not too far away, assuming you don't mind going deep into Buckeye territory. :)

http://npora.ipbhost.com//index.php?s=&amp...st&p=402120

Edited by GoPathyGo

Um, you don't want to worry about damage to the doors and debris hitting the doors so you're going to cut them in half ? What happens when you worry about going bald ?

oh, your HILARIOUS...hence the second set of junkyard doors :P

I found a way to check the wheel position without having to cut the door in half. Apparently, R50s have this glass thing that can move up and down. They call it a "window". Maybe it wasn't an option back in the day.

Can't see past the mudflaps from that angle ;)

Ok, smartass jokes over. :lol:

I like your original idea of just keeping a pair of spares. But hey, whatever floats your boat man. Post up some pics when it's done.

Donor car not too far away, assuming you don't mind going deep into Buckeye territory. :)

Id buy the one for 700 in town, but don't have any driveway space :(

http://npora.ipbhost.com//index.php?s=&amp...st&p=402120

:lol:

I used to leave a car at a friend's. He got to drive it once in a while, I got the parking I desperately needed. Parking is more precious than water around here sometimes.

In any event, good luck.