Something I've always wondered

adamzan

You're on the highway/interstate/whatever, and there is a crease in the road. When you hit the crease, it sends the rear end of your truck sideways. My truck has always done this, even with the new trailing arm bushings. There were some big ones on the 401/403 coming out of Brantford and Toronto yesterday.

Does anyone else experience this? I thought for sure it was the control arms. But they, along with all the sway bar components have been replaced. Weird :thumbsdown:

No, my whole truck just moves around a little with severe gusts. I've never noticed any movement specifically from the rear. With the original bushings :D

I checked the panhard bushings when I did the others and they were tight still. CL was replaced with a new one in december. Maybe I didn't phrase it right but it doesn't have anything to do with wind. Its when you hit a bump on the highway, especially those frost creases that appear around here. The r50 does it too :shiftyeyes:

so does mine because of my worn calmini idler arm. Watch your tie rod ends and centerlink for play while a friend turns the steering wheel left to right.

It's not the front end that moves, it tracks straight over the bumps, its the rear end. And yes, they seem to be above the ground a little.

My tie rods and CL are new, and so are the ball joints.

r50 that's a known thing.. i'm sure there are write up in that section.

I checked the panhard bushings when I did the others and they were tight still.

something ain't right.. check everything again. the panhard (or any of them) may feel tight to your hand but not to the 2 tons of steel rolling down a road.

Its just due to the solid rear axle. Its even worse with my Sonoma (no weight on the back).

there is something about their shocks and trailing arms or whatever.. look in that area for the right info.. r50 shouldn't sway at all when everything is in order.