A bit of luck...

Harvey

I've had a bit of luck in sourcing a QD32 Diesel for my '86 Pathfinder [of which I'm really chuffed]. £375 all in for a fully dressed engine [61,000 miles] including gearbox. My question is this... I'm sure i've read that an inlet manifold from a 2.7 TDI will fit the QD32. I want to ask if anyone knows if this is true as I want to turbo my engine.

thanks all!

Harv.

My engine arrived today. All very clean. But whereas I thought I was just buying a QD32... it appears to be the turbo version. So... RESULT! I thought i'd have to do a turbo conversion so i've saved myself a lot of hassle and money.

I've also got back all of my interior bits after having been cleaned and painted black. They not only look a heck of a lot better black than the yuck brown as std but they look new now too!

I'll post piccies later on.

Harv.

My engine arrived today. All very clean. But whereas I thought I was just buying a QD32... it appears to be the turbo version. So... RESULT! I thought i'd have to do a turbo conversion so i've saved myself a lot of hassle and money.

Awesome, got to love getting much more than you anticipated.

More news on the QD diesel, it turns out it's the fly-by-wire version with intercooler! So I now need to source the intercooler, ECU and Wiring loom for it. I'm really chuffed about this!

Questions though:

1 - does anyone know of an aftermarket ECU manufacturer for diesels? They're very common for petrol's I know.

2 - same questions for the throttle potentiometer

3 - as the QD32 is the big brother to the TD27, would the ECU, wiring loom and intercooler from this work on the QD?

4 - are there any differences between petrol and diesel intercoolers? If not I was considering taking one from an Imprezza wrx.

Thanks

Harv.

Are there any mechanics, auto elecies or turbo techies that can help me in finding an answer to questions 3 and 4 if no one knows the answer to questions 1 or 2? Please...

Thanks all

Harv.

for #4: In principle, there should be no difference, as they accomplish the same goal, ie: cool the air fed to the intake downstream of the turbo. I may be wrong though as I know little to nothing about diesel engines other than basic principles.

I have a friend who used basically the entire intake/plumbing/intercooler from a TDI vw on a gas engine and it worked quite well. one of the best bang for the buck mods i have ever seen, as the tdi parts were available for a song from the scrapyard and gave his engine a huge boost in power. fuel bits obviously were custom and cobbled together but still a couple thousand dollars cheaper than the cheapest forced induction kit for his application.

I've also got back all of my interior bits after having been cleaned and painted black. They not only look a heck of a lot better black than the yuck brown as std but they look new now too!

I'll post piccies later on.

Harv.

You're a lucky man. :aok:

Any chance you could find another one? :lol: