Help keep the Rubicon Trail Open!

TheAussie1

On Thursday, April 23rd the California Water Quality Control Board is having a public hearing in Rancho Cordova to finalize their decision on closing the Rubicon Trail.

We are asking all NORA supporters within driving distance of Sacramento to attend this important public hearing. Off-Highway Vehicle (OHV) enthusiasts need to show the Water Board the overwhelming public support to keep the Rubicon Trail open year-round. NORA’s goal is to have over (500) OHV enthusiasts present at this public hearing.

This is serious. On April 1st of this year, the United States Forest Service issued a 2-year temporary closure of the very popular Tellico OHV Area in North Carolina. Help Rubicon from turning into a Tellico type situation, by showing your support on April 23rd.

Assemblyman Ted Gaines and a representative from Congressman Tom McClintock’s office will be in attendance, as well as Off-Road Hall of Famer, Mark A. Smith. Local Sacramento news media will also be covering this historic event.

Please call or email Erin Lara, Member Services Director at NORA to let her know if you are able to attend as we are trying to obtain a head count. She can be reached at (530) 333-1487, ext. 1 or info@nora-usa.com.

Meeting Place and Time

Location – 11020 Sun Center Drive # 200; Rancho Cordova, CA 95670

Date & Time – Thursday, April 23rd @ 12:30 PM

Please show up in your rigs to show your support if you are in the Sacramento area!

Edited by Pezzy
revised topic title

You guys and gals should jump at the chance to keep any trail open, here in Western Australia most of the trails are now closed, there are only a handful of legal areas I can use within a 2 hour drive for me.

• 1 month later...
if I had PTO i could have made the 1X hr drive in the camry but I can't do it...I didnt even know tellico existed...wish I could have gone there while I was in NC...I think they tried to close down URE as well a few years back

YES I WAS SO MAD WHEN I HEARD THAT! there were about 750 out of state vehicles that came the next day to help protest! it was crazy.... and add that to the almost 1000 that were in state!

how did this go. in aus we sometimes get write ups on the trail in the main 4x4 australia magazine. hell i wish i could give it a go

Basically we get a reprieve until 2011. We have until this time to show progress in the cleanup and keeping it clean department. Here are some ways to keep it clean

pack your human waste out.

clean up any and all oil spills.

"If you pack it in" then "Pack it out" and then some. Always try and remove more garbage than you bring in.

Stay on the trail as much as possible.

I have never wheeled it but have plans to go this august.

I also have plans to help out in the cleanup this july

Mark

it's mainly a jeep trail and seems like far away from everyone here.

awe come on, If a stock jeep can do it, Then we can do it too!

there are no rules that say only jeeps can go. (except for jeep jamboree)

stock jeep can't do it.

Stock jeeps Have Indeed done it.!! A couple of jeeps that are going this year have done it before when there vehicles were stock.

So Has a near stock xterra

Photo of stock jeep on Rube. He made it to the box and back.

http://www.supermotors.net/getfile/626283/...on-trip-063.jpg

Edited by msavides