unccpathfinder

Moon roof (visor)  

16 members have voted

1. 1. Choices:

• don't do it leave it like it is
    • do it with no markers
    • do it with markers

21 hours ago, WhiteThrash said:

Does anyone have a link in to where I can get one of these moonroof visors? ive searched around and cant find anything to fit my 95.

Cheers!

Your most likely down to finding a used one, because I don't think anyone is still making them for WD21's anymore and likely have not for some time. Watch eBay, check wrecking yards regularly, scan Craigslist, etc...

There were two companies that I can think of that used to make these visors in the 80's/90's. Lund was probably the best known, As for the second I do not know what their name was, but iirc it was Trailmaster who bought them out years ago (maybe mid-late 90's) and ultimately killed off the product line entirely.  Only reason I know this is because I used to work for a company that made them for the original company and after TM's acquisition of them, we were just waiting for TM to officially tell us to destroy the molds.  They had stopped production of them before I started there and the molds were still in storage long after I left.

• Like 1

I worked in a 4x4 shop back in the best times for the Nissan trucks, 87 -90 ish, We installed many visors and all were made by Lund. Not saying there wasn't another company out there but I do not recall one off hand. There was a company that made them out of metal that were shaped differently than the Lund visor.

I have a very old Jobber price book from one of the warehouse's who we got our parts from, I'll look through it and see if I can find another company.

These would have been fiberglass and given that I worked for this company around 20yrs ago, maybe I am mistaken.  The way I described it above is what I recall being told by the owner (it was a two man shop, the owner and I) but perhaps TM bought the product line from Lund before killing it off?