Moon roof (visor)

unccpathfinder

Moon roof (visor)  

16 members have voted

1. 1. Choices:

• don't do it leave it like it is
    • do it with no markers
    • do it with markers

Alright...figured I'd get $.02 from the peanut gallery...

my uncle years ago (probably about 6) gave me a "moon roof" to put on my 87 but I didnt thnk it looked right on a stock truck...but now that the truck is lifted I think it would look better so today I mocked it up on the 95 bc i wasnt sure how sturdy it would be in the wind and what not on the road so i bolted it up and was impressed...if I install it I would like to run some small LED marker lights up top either 4 or 5 depending on their size and placement and whatnot...

here are 2 images I took:

DSCN3233.jpg

DSCN3234.jpg

I also think this may help with glare once the lights are thrown on top of the truck but who knows...maybe sometime this week I can grap some pix with it laying in place on the 87

I'm undecided. If you do it, do it with marker lights though. How much will that thing kill your gas mileage?

Gas mileage is no longer a concern for me...this will primarily be for wheeling only...I'm either going to 32's or 33's...

that being said I don't believe it would have any effect at all on mileage due to the frontal area remaining mostly the same but thats all in theory

People can see them in fog is what comes to mind.

I say do it, I like the look of that one Pathy with the visor on it and I think it would look good on yours as well. Get rid of some of the glare and what not also.

If you plan to wheel it, I would say don't bother because it will catch every low branch.

if i plan to wheel it...:stickwack:...lets make that WHEN I wheel it :D

Yea I was thinking that and is why I will use dome nuplates and would have a QD for the lights...but right now where I can go wheeling there are no branches to catch...

probably more common...like i said this isnt for a nissan but it fits almost perfectly...it was for like a 2000 ford ranger...or I should say thats what my uncle was going to install it on...no telling where he got it...he sold the truck and it got totaled by the GI that bought it iwthin a month or so...

now my uncle has a bad ass s10 with a 350 in it...it'll go 100 in no time I think we were still smoking the tires at 80...but he does all kinds of body work on them...not my style trucks bc he lowers them builds up the engines and hot rods them out...I think he's getting vette suspension under it soon and he's working on shaving the door handles now...but it was a fun little drive while I was back home...its def a sleeper

imo they look goofy

like something out of the lund catalogue that an oldballs will install on his 2wd longbox dodge ram along with those fake vent things that go around the back of the cab on top of the box

imo they look goofy

like something out of the lund catalogue that an oldballs will install on his 2wd longbox dodge ram along with those fake vent things that go around the back of the cab on top of the box

Cab extender, and I had them both on my 2wd long bed Ranger. It's goeing to be personal preference honestly, but I still stick by my decision of saying go for it. You break it get another one or just live without after the fact.

That is sick! I like that! You think that is more common, just as, or more rare than the light bar?

UM, they still make and sell those if I'm not mistaken. so def- more common than the factory light bar.

I seem to be among the minority among posters. I'm not a fan... but it's not my truck, so if you like it - go to town!

Check out Nunya's rig, as he mentioned, he has one on his pathy.

Hey Nunya...if its not too much trouble can I get a pic of the mounting? yours looks a lot like mine and just curious if it mounts the same (just the bolt pattern/composite detail. Also do you know what yours came off of or was it intended for the pathy?

Thanks

I'll get some pics of where all the mounting screws are for ya when I got some daylight again. When I got mine it was off of a 92 Pathfinder. Either someone did a really nice job in making it look like it's for one before I got ahold of it or it really was for one.

cool...yea no rush but was curious...it looks like you have about .5" on each side from the edge where the door closes and thats about what I have...i may use sealant or do a layup to make it cleaner (not that it would matter to anyone) but thats just me...I still think it will be a while befor the install but we'll see...I still have work to get it running...then lights for the bar...then the factory roof rack which I am going to try to get a welder and weld a basket for as well as sliders and 33's...i've still got lots of work...but one of my high priorities are removable sliders (i have a trick up my sleeve for this one so all of those who found drilling the frame was a PITA or impossible stay tuned over the next 2-3 months...

Thanks...yea not a primary concern and yea mine has 8 predrilled mounts total...looks like yours may have at least 16 and probably 20 total...I was going to up it to somewhere about 10-14...Thanks for the pix...what kind of fasteners are those? just pan head screws with pretty snap-on cover? or are they some form of stainless rivets

I have 12 holes in mine, none in the center for some reason. They are some kind of sheetmetal screw(I think) with standard heads you can use a socket to tighten with(don't know the technical term) and a set of pretty plastic snap on covers. Haven't lost any yet and they were the cheap ones from pep boys.

If you plan to wheel it, I would say don't bother because it will catch every low branch.

A set of wire deflectors would help a lot and with the bolt holes fabing a bracket would be simple...

I can't tell if I like it or not, I'd need to see one on a pathy to tell. I can see the value though, especially on an old windshield.

B