Knife Thread

beavis0076

yes, ever since my parents and I started coming down to Florida on vacation, we would always go to this flea market near our house and pick up a few, I was probably about 9 or 10, the bowie looking one in the center of the last picture, actually the blade snapped off at the handle, my uncle made it when he was working at fairchild when they were making the A10 thunder bolt planes, it was his first knife he ever made,

my daily carry knife when I go to work is the Spyderco Military, and the leatherman charge was issued me from work all the supervisors got one

Edited by ahardb0dy

LOL

I see a few gems in there...

My biggest complaint with the spiderco is that they are too damn small for me to comfortably hold in my paws, but they are the first knife that I disassembled and repaired (for someone else).

I've had Case, Kershaw, Buck, and many others. I never could see spending hundreds on a knife though, when perfectly good ones can be had for well under $100. I'm suprised no one has mentioned SOG, one of my favorites. They have become a bit fanciful over the years but I have one with a blade like this one and a black zytel handle that is light enough to keep in a pocket and carry every day.

pic1.jpg

Sorry, I don't have time to try to find all the knives and put them in one spot but there are a few dozen scattered about...

B

you must have some big paws cause my hands are fairly big and I've never had a problem with any of the Spyderco's. My next knife is going to be a Pro tech rescue TR-1

I like how it looks:

n1cg2f.jpg

I have been collecting knives since I was a kid. I wouldn't have the time or a table big enough to put them on for a picture. I see ahardb0dy has a spetsnaz shooting knife. Thats a cool collectible. And a M9 bayonet. I have been meaning to get one of those. I even have a shotgun that takes a M16 bayonet. I have a glock 81 knife, anyone have one of those? Once I got a old enough I kind of switched my collecting to firearms, I still pickup a knife now and then. Every day I carry a buck cross lock clipped on my pocket. working as a mechanic I used to carry a kershaw folding knife but kept breaking the blade. Finally I bought a Gerber gator and never broke that one. I back shelved the Gerber for the cross lock because of easy opening.

I had a pic somewhere of most of my pistols I took to tease a friend but my computer is acting stupid right now. I'll see if I can find it and maybe start a firearms thread.

James

you must have some big paws cause my hands are fairly big and I've never had a problem with any of the Spyderco's. My next knife is going to be a Pro tech rescue TR-1

I like how it looks:

n1cg2f.jpg

Yes, I do have quite large hands. I haven't seen all Spyderco models lately, but all I've seen in the past have smaller handles that are quite thin also. This makes them a very nice carry knife, but hard to hold well with paws. Nothing wrong with them, it's simply a physical dimension thing for me.

To explain, the handle on my SOG is 4.75" long, 1.3" wide at the most/.95" wide at the least and .65" thick. I can just hold it solidly and comfortably. :shrug:

B

• 4 months later...