What else do you drive?

Morningwould

meintrike.jpg

This. A 2008ish Actionbent T1 Tadpole trike. Electrified with a 9 continent rear hub motor and powered by 20AH of LIPO batteries @ 48v. With me pedaling along it'll get up and do about 34mph on the flats, and at that rate I get a good 30ish miles before I have to recharge it.

meintrike.jpg

This. A 2008ish Actionbent T1 Tadpole trike. Electrified with a 9 continent rear hub motor and powered by 20AH of LIPO batteries @ 48v. With me pedaling along it'll get up and do about 34mph on the flats, and at that rate I get a good 30ish miles before I have to recharge it.

Wow! That's really cool. That's extremely unique. It took me a good 30 seconds to figure out what it was. At first, I thought it was a bike laying down on the grass with a baby seat thing on the back. How much did one of those run you? I suppose you turn with the handle thingys?

Wow! That's really cool. That's extremely unique. It took me a good 30 seconds to figure out what it was. At first, I thought it was a bike laying down on the grass with a baby seat thing on the back. How much did one of those run you? I suppose you turn with the handle thingys?

Yeah there aren't many like it. More if you search the endless sphere forums.

The trike by it's self is about $1000 new. I got it used on craigslist last winter for $360. Probably dropped another $1600 or so on electrifying it. (Motor, controller, 8 RC LIPO batteries, a power supply for the $200 RC battery charger, anderson powerpole connectors, wire, etc)

I have a windwrap fairing on the front of it now too, to help keep the cold out during the winter commutes and improve the efficiency. At the Idaho rates of about $.10 per kilowatt hour it runs me about a dime a day to run to work and back. I have over 1000 miles on it already, so in terms of paying for gas in the Pathfinder, it's paying its self off. :)

Here is a video I shot when I was assembling it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-vtPrfcZne4&feature=player_embedded

• Like 1

And yeah, the handle bars control the steering. Just move them left or right. The handlebars are connected to each other with a link that is under the seat. Cornering at speed requires a bit of leaning, but otherwise it handles really well. In fact with the stainless steel boxes full of batteries, it actually corners better than it did stock.

And yeah, the handle bars control the steering. Just move them left or right. The handlebars are connected to each other with a link that is under the seat. Cornering at speed requires a bit of leaning, but otherwise it handles really well. In fact with the stainless steel boxes full of batteries, it actually corners better than it did stock.

low center of gravity ftw.

I mean... no offence whatsoever because you seem to be pretty cool...but you can't go blaming that stuff on GM. Obviously, the Sierra was maintained TERRIBLY. You can't blame lack of maintenance on the auto maker. Those 5.7ls have been the same for like 40 years. They ain't garbage.

I am not a GM fanboy at all, but I've seen those 1500s last into the 300ks.

Also, the newer Saturns ARE some junk. No argument there, but come on now. Bent frame? You can't even be mad about that type of stuff.

It was originally owned by AT&T, and they had extensive maintenance records. We've actually kept up with the maintenance on the truck better than the Saturn. At least until these cascading issues started popping up. That was a $1500 tranny rebuild and it's already near death again. This one happens to be equipped with one of the shoddy early-fuel-injected 350s. TBI, and an absolutely pitiful engine management system. No power, no efficiency, and unreliable, overall. I guess it ain't dead yet, though. We don't really plan on fixing much. It'd cost more than it's worth at this point. The LS-series engines are okay, and the older L-models are fine, but there are a number of 350s GM was making in the late 80s, early 90s, not worth their weight as scrap. Seriously, the fuel injector on this one is tiny, and the EMS must have been written by a kindergartener.

I really have to say, the S-series is the best Saturn ever. Cheap, reliable, fuel-efficient. They're like American-built Kias. The fact that the S-series got replaced by the Ion was a terrible thing, and there's no doubt in my mind that is the single, most important reason Saturn no longer exists. SLs sold better than Tauruses nearly every year they were sold. And yeah, no I'm not mad about any of the problems with the Saturn. More impressed, actually, that it does what it does with everything so stacked against it.

If you read it, there is no blame on the truck, just a list of issues. And the 350 has changed a few times, and there are garbage ones. I've seen unmaintained crap go 300k and precisely maintained ones have issues before they hit 10k.

Exactly. There are some good ones, some okay ones, and some that make you wonder what GM was thinking. I'm just glad 8 cylinders is too many, so when 1, then 2, then 3 die, you still have a number of working ones to drive on. And it's probably just got a crack through the head gasket on one side, which has those cylinders misfiring.

Honestly, at the rate this truck is deteriorating, I don't see her lasting the year. Radiator's holed, tranny's slipping, steering's out, engine misfires more often than not. Actually, I forgot to mention it's got rod-knock for the last, probably 20k miles. If nothing else, the rod knock's gonna kill it. I'm just shocked it's still running like that. Some things you just can't kill.

Anyway, I'm just glad I got the Pathfinder, so I don't have to worry about borrowing those cars all the time. The Pathy's been kept up pretty well, and runs better than either of my parents' cars, so I'm happy. I just wish my S12 ran. Silvia was my baby...

• Like 1

Yup, I'm here too. the 200sx should be getting fixed in the next week, I'm pretty excited!

Rock on, lucky dog. I still wish I had a working S12, let alone an SE lol

Good to hear she'll be back on her feet soon. Still blows about the douche cutting you off in the first place, though.

I really have to say, the S-series is the best Saturn ever. Cheap, reliable, fuel-efficient. They're like American-built Kias. The fact that the S-series got replaced by the Ion was a terrible thing, and there's no doubt in my mind that is the single, most important reason Saturn no longer exists. SLs sold better than Tauruses nearly every year they were sold. And yeah, no I'm not mad about any of the problems with the Saturn. More impressed, actually, that it does what it does with everything so stacked against it.

Honestly, at the rate this truck is deteriorating, I don't see her lasting the year. Radiator's holed, tranny's slipping, steering's out, engine misfires more often than not. Actually, I forgot to mention it's got rod-knock for the last, probably 20k miles. If nothing else, the rod knock's gonna kill it. I'm just shocked it's still running like that. Some things you just can't kill.

There's a 2.9L Ford Ranger running around town here that's had the same rod or main knock for at least 4 years now. I've talked to the guy and he daily drives it, still hasn't blown up. It's nuts and you can hear the thing from a mile away.

My best friend had a 2000 Saturn LS 4 cylinder 5-speed, barebones car that her mom bought brand new. Had 220K on it when it got totaled by a drunk driver. So many memories in that car and it never let us down, even after she took it 4-wheeling and blew apart the oil pan. It truly was a great little car.

The Saturn sl2/sc2, great little beaters. An old abused one on it's death bed can still dominate in 4cyl class on dirt ovals too (just don't break the alty "bracket", it's part of the block casting! ) now the sl1/sc1 with that single camera... Not as much (though can still take some tromping)

"sorry about your penis"

There is always someone on forums that likes to make comments like that...you really make it not fun to be part of this NPORA forum and makes me not want to post anything on here anymore...I am not disrespectful so please do not disrespect me.

Thanks

Edited by stalker

"sorry about your penis"

There is always someone on forums that likes to make comments like that...you really make it not fun to be part of this NPORA forum and makes me not want to post anything on here anymore...I am not disrespectful so please do not disrespect me.

Thanks

Someone is being way too serious, in reaction to an obvious joke. Lighten up, my friend, I mean no offense.

The Saturn sl2/sc2, great little beaters. An old abused one on it's death bed can still dominate in 4cyl class on dirt ovals too (just don't break the alty "bracket", it's part of the block casting! ) now the sl1/sc1 with that single camera... Not as much (though can still take some tromping)

Yeah, I know what you mean. The single-cam heads like to suddenly crack, but the DOHC buggers refuse to die, it's insane. I swear, this car should be dead, based on how I treated it in high school. But it ain't, and that's awesome lol. No power, no torque, and nothing that should be fun about it, but when you can push it through stuff that'd kill any Civic, you know you're onto something xD Why did Saturn stop makin' 'em like that?

your new here, I take that into consideration but remember this is a family site, not Pirate where rules are slim to none. Theres having fun in poking at each others other rides (I've flung quite a bit out myself, and laugh and take it [usually helping] when it comes to mine as well) Jokes a joke, but keep em in good couth as well please

frecklecoloredbrain, wanna fill us in a little more on that 500? They have a quirkiness to them I kinda like but haven't had my hands on one to get any good opinions about yet

Whoa, barely even noticed the Fiat till just now. What Nunya said, Freckle. I've heard they're underpowered and a bit soft, but these were reviews from, like Everydaydriver. Haven't actually heard anything from an actual 500 owner. What do you think? Looks like it'd be a fun little car, even with what I hear is very little power, just because it's so small and light.

And I'll keep that in mind, Nunya. I'm just testing the waters, and making light. I don't mean to offend anybody. My apologies if I have.

I have just really bad experience before with no rules and people get out of control...the bad thing is my daughter gets on here and checks stuff out with me and imagine when your asked what does that mean dad.?

Misty blue metallic 1991 Nissan 240SX Fastback (Super HICAS 4-wheel steering), suspension mods.

Midnight black 1990 Nissan 300ZX "Slicktop" new project, just fixed front damage, it's next to be modded.

Red 1993 Nissan pathfinder 4x4 with VG33E swap, headers, intake, exhaust, electric fans, 3"BL 3"SL, 33x12.5 goodyear duratracs on 15x10 steelies. many custom powdercoated pieces

Misty blue metallic 1991 Nissan 240SX Fastback (Super HICAS 4-wheel steering), suspension mods.

Midnight black 1990 Nissan 300ZX "Slicktop" new project, just fixed front damage, it's next to be modded.

Red 1993 Nissan pathfinder 4x4 with VG33E swap, headers, intake, exhaust, electric fans, 3"BL 3"SL, 33x12.5 goodyear duratracs on 15x10 steelies. many custom powdercoated pieces

Ew, HICAS. I never could get used to that.

In any case, you have good taste in cars. I really want a Z32, and I do like S13s.

Why thank you! I love my 90's nissans :D

Yeah i know what you mean with the hicas. you have to have tight suspension bushings and a perfect 4 wheel alignment for it to function properly. when the car is in the same condition(or better) than when it left the factory then hicas works great. when you have 20 year old failing multi-link bushings and the alignment is even slightly out of check it is a handful to drive(mostly in bad weather, but sometimes can get squirrelly on dry roads when the tires are spinning :D hehehe.

Edited by Nefarious

Why thank you! I love my 90's nissans :D

Yeah i know what you mean with the hicas. you have to have tight suspension bushings and a perfect 4 wheel alignment for it to function properly. when the car is in the same condition(or better) than when it left the factory then hicas works great. when you have 20 year old failing multi-link bushings and the alignment is even slightly out of check it is a handful to drive(mostly in bad weather, but sometimes can get squirrelly on dry roads when the tires are spinning :D hehehe.

Yeah I drove a friend's S13 with HICAS and I couldn't hold a line to save our lives. I've driven S13s with no HICAS, in worse condition, and they were beautiful around corners, but on this one, it was like, "WHY AREN'T I IN MY LINE?" Scarred me, man. I can't stand HICAS anymore lol Give me normal steering and manual brakes lol