What else do you drive?

Morningwould

Anything is badass when you drop a real motor in it.

almost A Prizm is STILL a Prizm no matter what you do to it...

I'm with nunya on this, bud. :lol:

A Chevette is still a Chevette even when it's got a 4.3L Vortec in it... :thumbsdown:

And for the record, the 22RE is probably one of the most durable engines ever created.

I'm with nunya on this, bud. :lol:

A Chevette is still a Chevette even when it's got a 4.3L Vortec in it... :thumbsdown:

And for the record, the 22RE is probably one of the most durable engines ever created.

I'll have to disagree with you on that one. A high school buddy of mine put a 454 in a chevette. At least the shell was a chevette, it had one seat in the middle of the car and the space between the rear tires wasn't as wide as one rear tire. That thing was a monster!I guess he didn't have enough space on the axle to weld good enough supports, one day something broke loose and the rear axle steered him into the guard rail half way down the track. It flipped like 10 times and he walked away bragging about his roll cage that he built saving his life. He didn't claim the welding on the axle though.

James

Well I thought I would break up the 4runner debate and show off my project car. Although you can't hate on 4runners that much. They get the job done well too.

This is my 66 Chevy Impala Station Wagon. It is a big block 396 that I am slowly restoring to original. The only change I want to actually modify is adding dual exhaust. Other than that its all original. She is a work in progress that is now going even slower with all the changes I am doing to the pathfinder.

2897568740106620101S425x425Q85.jpg

The first gen Hilux/4Runner is badass. Like nunya states, lots of unique features. It's even better when you drop in a 350SBC! :jig:

The first gen 4runner was a tin can that rusted away faster than you could pay it off. Who cares about the unique features when it can't keep itself together?

The first gen 4runner was a tin can that rusted away faster than you could pay it off. Who cares about the unique features when it can't keep itself together?

It was only a tin can because the Japanese didn't design it to be rustproof. They don't salt the roads over there.

Nice imp,I have a pair of 65 sport roofs(sport coupe?) Well there 2 door models with the fast back.

A guy races a turbo buick powered geo metro at Branerd,kinda cool.And the best engine out there is a small block chevy,there cheap to build,last a long time and easy to work on,hell I have a camaro with 255,588 miles on it and the engines never been cracked for any work.

• 2 weeks later...

Not a bad looking horse there,whats it have 2-3 inch coils and 31's?The 250 looks nice for that gen truck.

It's actually bone stock on the suspension, but the 93 Eddie Bauers were taller than other years due to the heavy duty coils up front. Mine also has the towing package on it too so it's a bit beefier than most. Found out about 3 years ago mine was actually a factory order Bronco as it has the 351, cloth eddie bauer seats and the manual transfer case. They were built kind of funky in the 92-93', even continuing into the 94's, the cloth interior eddie bauers came with the 302 and manual transfer case, leather had the 351 or the 302 and electronic push button transfer case. All the ones like mine with the combo I have were factory order and they're few and far between.

The F250 was a solid truck, lower miles, had 120,000 on it when I lost it due to unemployment.

1976 Datsun 620. L20, Triple S head, Triple S cam, dual Mikuni SU side drafts, long tube header, oil cooler, dual electric fan, 240Z 5-speed transmission with a stage 2 competition clutch and lightweight flywheel, locked rear, dual (2 per side) air shocks in back, suspension lowered, gauge cluster and wood panel from a Datsun roadster, custom intermittent wipers, single headlight per side set up, 135W low beam and 160W high beam H4s with a relayed set up, near 400K on all original drive train. It doesn't overheat, leak a drop of fluid, or blow any smoke whatsoever. Suspension is extremely tight and nimble as well. The oil also hasn't been changed in 8 years. :lol:

0922101237-1.jpg

0922101338a.jpg

0922101335.jpg

0922101336.jpg

0922101337.jpg

0922101338.jpg

1976 Datsun 620. L20, Triple S head, Triple S cam, dual Mikuni SU side drafts, long tube header, oil cooler, dual electric fan, 240Z 5-speed transmission with a stage 2 competition clutch and lightweight flywheel, locked rear, dual (2 per side) air shocks in back, suspension lowered, gauge cluster and wood panel from a Datsun roadster, custom intermittent wipers, single headlight per side set up, 135W low beam and 160W high beam H4s with a relayed set up, near 400K on all original drive train. It doesn't overheat, leak a drop of fluid, or blow any smoke whatsoever. Suspension is extremely tight and nimble as well. The oil also hasn't been changed in 8 years. :lol:

0922101237-1.jpg

0922101338a.jpg

0922101335.jpg

0922101336.jpg

0922101337.jpg

0922101338.jpg

Thats pretty sweet! but don't you think it's time to change the oil?

James

Uh, yes I do. But I can't help but think what's going to happen if I mess with it, I'm almost afraid to. You'll never believe what's been put in that crank case... engine oil, ATF, gear lube, chainsaw bar oil, what have you. Lubrication is lubrication to that thing!

Univega super sport converted to single speed with flat handlebars. Cat Eye lets me know how much i've ridden

IMG_2443.jpg

My dad's 1984 FJ60

obx.jpg

or the '96 Camry..on days I want to get 26 mpg city and don't care that it drives like crap

Edited by R50FJ60