What else do you drive?

Morningwould

aka

maybe next time post an ACTUAL photo of your ACTUAL vehicle.

you ACTUALLY believed me? and then you googled it and you thought you discoverd a lie? man.... u hilarious sitting on stock suspension but giving advice on lifts LOL

get a life!!!

Edited by FUELER

2 feet and a heartbeat

sometimes i get to drive my brother's '98 r50 and '91 mr2t, as well as the parents '01 r50 and '96 a4, also my older brother's '05 4 runner and if i am lucky, the '85 308 gts

Edited by nige

• 2 weeks later...
Eagle F1 GS D3's correct? Nice tire!

I got em too! :aok:

Eventually went with the Eagle F1 GS-D3s. Just like that tire too much. Ditched the idea of the Brembo Big Brake kit. Too expensive for dubious value. Just gonna grab some new rotors and a fresh pair of calipers instead. She's on 235/50-18 up front and 255/45-18 out back on TireRack Sport Edition (their house brand) alloys. Worked out well. Thank God!

Eventually went with the Eagle F1 GS-D3s. Just like that tire too much. Ditched the idea of the Brembo Big Brake kit. Too expensive for dubious value. Just gonna grab some new rotors and a fresh pair of calipers instead. She's on 235/50-18 up front and 255/45-18 out back on TireRack Sport Edition (their house brand) alloys. Worked out well. Thank God!

Good choice! Def worth the extra $ in my book. I also really like how they have extreemly predictible fade when cornering. Some tires just let go at once.. these let go slowly so you can comfertably push them harder. :treadmill:

Good choice! Def worth the extra $ in my book. I also really like how they have extreemly predictible fade when cornering. Some tires just let go at once.. these let go slowly so you can comfertably push them harder. :treadmill:

Yeah, I've tried tons of tires and keep going back to them. They are freaking AWESOME in wet weather. Forget glue, they're like nails. Can't wait to put 500-600 miles on them. That's my usual break-in time. Looking to get the road feel back with the thin rubber. Don't want to go much thinner given the roads around here. So if the 18s don't work in terms of road feel, I'll have to look into the power steering boost levels. Stiffer sidewalls and larger wheels are already making their presence felt - much flatter when cornering.

Aight, finally got some pics of my other project.

1999 740il. 80k miles. Bought for a song. Just put new rims and headlights on her. Handwashed and waxed several times, as you can probably tell from the pics. :) I always thought these were the most beautiful cars BMW ever built, but could never justify the cost. Thanks to the recession, a somewhat desperate dealer and some good fortune, thank God, I was able to snag this beauty. She looked dusty and dirty when I bought her, but she cleaned up well.

Only mods so far are the lights and wheels+tires. (eBay Xenons, TireRack house brand $130 18x8 alloy wheels and Eagle F1 tires. :aok:) Took pics of the old wheels and lights alongside the car for eBay. Here are cropped versions of the eBay pics. (Cropped em to get rid of the old wheels etc.)

I didn't realize I left something on the hood when taking the pics. Oh well. :shrug:

DSC_0280-1.jpg

DSC_0281-1.jpg

The next mods (hopefully next week) are a new suspension - BMW springs front & rear and Bilstein Heavy Duty struts front & rear.

Oh - and I have to get a replacement kidney grille. The clips on the passenger side one are gone. It's held to the body by zip ties right now. :lol: There's also a small crack in the front bumper cover, but that will have to wait till I can find a junkyard replacement.

Edited by GoPathyGo

Beautiful car man! I've always thought these were the most beautiful and stately car BMW ever built as well. :aok:

Hey thanks! :) I'm going stealth with this one too, like with the Pathy. She's getting a supercharger and a free-flow exhaust in a few weeks. 400+hp. :lol: Like the Pathy, no one will see her coming.

Hey thanks! :) I'm going stealth with this one too, like with the Pathy. She's getting a supercharger and a free-flow exhaust in a few weeks. 400+hp. :lol: Like the Pathy, no one will see her coming.

What year Pathfinder? I've always considered trying to pop a supercharger on my 2001 VQ

What year Pathfinder? I've always considered trying to pop a supercharger on my 2001 VQ

I have a 2003. It isn't supercharged, just modified for wheeling. By "no one sees it coming" I meant that the Pathfinder, which most folks don't expect to be able to do much of anything, can keep up with or beat most trucks on most trails. (Not counting the purpose-built trail-only rigs though I have kept up with some of those, too.) While it is now externally apparent it's been modified (rear bumper and sliders), folks don't see or know about the F&R lockers, the complete skids, the very high departure angle thanks to Bilsteins+Bumper and so on. I expect the 7 to catch people by surprise since, even after the mods, it will look completely stock.

If you click on folks' usernames, you can see their profiles. Typically, folks have listed info on their Pathfinders in their profiles. You may also want to check out members' rides since a lot of folks (self included) chronicle thir mods and post pics.

That's a sick BMW, GPG. I likes!! :aok:

I have to agree that's the nicest sedan BMW has built. I've always like the lines and just overall attitude the car conveys as a whole. Now you've got the wheels turning... :lol:

http://tyeeimports.com/Details.asp?ProductID=524

Mint! :D

Thanks! Can't go wrong with those cars. Even after all these years, there's tons of aftermarket support (partly since so many BMWs share components) and they have features that were waayyy ahead of their time. Check out www.e38.org People have modded almost everything on em.

That's a nice car, but it's expensive! I paid less for my '99 w/80k miles once you factor in the repairs I made the dealership implement as part of the deal... Of course, that was pure luck but you can occasionally get a deal on 'em here in the US. If you decide to get one, check out the US. (And no you can't import them from Japan!!! ;):lol:)

Thanks! Can't go wrong with those cars. Even after all these years, there's tons of aftermarket support (partly since so many BMWs share components) and they have features that were waayyy ahead of their time. Check out www.e38.org People have modded almost everything on em.

That's a nice car, but it's expensive! I paid less for my '99 w/80k miles once you factor in the repairs I made the dealership implement as part of the deal... Of course, that was pure luck but you can occasionally get a deal on 'em here in the US. If you decide to get one, check out the US. (And no you can't import them from Japan!!! ;):lol: )

I'm from Canada... so yes, I can. ;)

And yes, that's a little steep but it includes all the extras to such a clean car shipped to BC. Not saying I would buy it but I'd say that's still pretty reasonable considering.

Just for the record, I've got a broker shopping for me in Japan as we speak. My new toy should hit the coast in late March '10. :D