Roof Racks and Light bars

Nytrosfinder

I know about the posting by Morningwould about the Light bar, and I know it is hard to find the OEM one's.

I am thinking about a roof rack and light bars sometime in the future, not sure totally what I am looking for in terms of a nice one.

I know the easiest thing to do is build it myself, but does anyone know where I might be able to find one Cheaper than the one on https://www.4x4parts.com/. ( I don't wanna spend $450 on a roof rack for my Pathy.)

If you have any information to share it would be greatly appreciated.

• 2 weeks later...

there are a couple of threads about this around. I just got and installed the largest Surco rack for pathfinders. its 45x60 and you can buy an adapter kit for another 50 bucks to fit your stock channels. Was pretty simple to put up. For the rack, adapter kit, and 4 light mounts it came to about 400 + shipping at Summit Racing, maybe like 10 bucks more.

So far I like it, its light weight, looks good, and according to Surco can hold up to 300lbs.

there are a couple of threads about this around. I just got and installed the largest Surco rack for pathfinders. its 45x60 and you can buy an adapter kit for another 50 bucks to fit your stock channels. Was pretty simple to put up. For the rack, adapter kit, and 4 light mounts it came to about 400 + shipping at Summit Racing, maybe like 10 bucks more.

So far I like it, its light weight, looks good, and according to Surco can hold up to 300lbs.

You got a picture of your ride... I would like to see that rack on yours...

I found a factory light bar with Hella's in a salvage yard last week, I have the guy down to $70.00 so far. What do yu guys think?

They are kinda rare... i would buy it! I just drilled my factory roofrack cross bars and mounted 2 KC daylighters on it... worked for me and cheap!

2099731250104806154S600x600Q85.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Mine is a Yakima rack with roof rest mount and extenders (cuz I have a 2-door). It clips to the sheetmetal above the doors, then has extender bars going back along the roof to another set of towers that just rest on the roof. I can grab the rack from either side and shake the whole Pathy with it, it's pretty damn solid. I scored that baby at the junkyard for $50. The towers alone cost $110 a pair brand new!

I made my own front light bar out of a piece of 1"x3" steel. Simple install: drill holes, bolt to extender bars, bolt lights on. :D