I wonder-Would a 300ZX TT motor fit in my '95 SE?

Camera1

When I start adding up mods, it's easy to come up with over $1000! So how about dropping the 300ZX TT engine in the WD21 Pathfinder? I know that in the eighties Car and Driver did an article on a VW Vanagon with a 911 motor installed, Porsche used it for road test carrying tools and mechanics to chace 911's that were being wrung out on the Autobahn. I think it sounds cool to have a "PATHZILLA" out there running a TWIN TURBO! Does it bolt up to an '95 SE with an automatic? I think it might require a better Torque Converter and a bit of ECU work.

it wont fit in the engine bay i dont think it just would just barly fit in my z31 300zx engine bay which has alot more room then our pathy ones. you owuld be better off getting the z31 turbo motor becasue thats a vg30et the dett is just way bigger.

Yeah, no room unfortunately. 88 is right it would be a project.

But anything is possible with enough time and money.

Copy That- like that guy in MAD MAX said:"Speed is just a matter of money. How fast to you want to go?". It sure sounds cool.

• 5 weeks later...
Copy That- like that guy in MAD MAX said:"Speed is just a matter of money. How fast to you want to go?". It sure sounds cool.

have you considered maybe an SR20DET? It'd still get you that 250-300hp if that's your liking. And its a 4 banger turbo so it probably has a much higher chance of fitting than the VG30TT would.

The turbos would have to be relocated,

I still think it may be possible with a custom body lift 5-6" (not talking about using blocks i'm talking about welding new body mounts to the frames) and some modifications to the fenderwells...I havent taken measurements or anything but that was my initial thought for that...it'd be cool if someone had a CAD model from nissan that gave you the engine envelope and then someone could model up the engine bay and frame...but thats a lot of work...i still dont even have the frame rails completed yet nad i've been workign on and off on that for like 3 years

idk i would just get the sr20det if your gpong to go that route my freind has one in his 240 and that will have plenty of power to pull the pathy around trust me lol plus they are easy to mod and are small you could get a bigger fuel pump and intercooler kit and away you go.

The SR wouldn't be my first choice for the heavy Pathfinder. There just isn't enough torque for hauling around a 3800 lb rig w/o getting higher into the powerband frequently. It'll easily make the power, but you'll more than likely get annoyed having to rev it out all the time. (this coming from someone that has owned over 25 SR powered vehicles)

Your money would be much better spent just having someone build a single turbo setup for your existing VG. Something with a small/mid size T3, or 50 trim would be perfect for it. It would offer good spool, plenty of power, and the top end if wanted.

I've been debating doing this, or keeping it NA with the 3.4L build.

• 1 year later...

Because everyone like to talk sh*t and criticize instead of encouraging someone to try it and lending support. Dont be an a$

This is your second post on this forum, GG has been around for ages here and a lot of us have seen these types of questions get asked repeatedly over and over and over. Same with the "what size tire can I fit", "how do I lift my Pathfinder", etc. Also, his post was from April of 2009, well over a year ago. Was there a point in bringing back a very dead thread just to say that?

Have you seen the size of the 300ZX engine compartment? And the fact that those engine bays are extremely cramped and notoriously difficult to work on because of space issues.

Really not worth trying to cram that thing into your pathy IMO

Because everyone like to talk sh*t and criticize instead of encouraging someone to try it and lending support. Dont be an a$$

Try thinking before you speak, makes understanding a little easier. As was stated, subject is a reapeat, and all the issues have been gone over before.

whats the biggest tire I can fit on my 94 without lifting it?

lol...just to keep this thread alive forever! Oh, and how do I turn my pathy into a real transformer from the cartoon series and movies. I want to make it turn into MEGATRON with 52" Super Swampers and a light bar with a diesel powered winch!

Edited by Specv1973

Try thinking before you speak, makes understanding a little easier. As was stated, subject is a reapeat, and all the issues have been gone over before.

I do not agree with a lot that has been said that is negative about the transformation project, and I am ordering the VG30DETT engine and trans tomorrow and will start a project to prove this swap possible. Its easy to say it wont work, I will throw a little elbow grease at it this winter and come out in the early spring with a twin turbo 95 Pathfinder to prove you wrong. I will keep it fairly low budget and use it hard when I am done. I may not have a lot of posts on this forum, but trust me, I have researched heavily, own my own repair shop, and am an ASE master tech...I feel this is VERY possible for a reasonable investment.

I do not agree with a lot that has been said that is negative about the transformation project,

Yes that is one thing about this place you well learn for there is someone out there that has to put there negative two since in. One of the reason i do not ever go on this site any more for the last time i was on it all i wonted to know is what the best way to run power to lights on your roof with out making it look like crap i get a warning for i changed what the post was about. Stupid. Anyway good luck on you swap and i hope you prove a lot of people wrong. :popcorn:

One of the reason i do not ever go on this site any more

YOU were here just now!!!

Ok really, Camera1 ,try it, anything can be done if your dedicated enough. Its just been said that its not easy and yes we get a little rude about repeat questions but if your seirous about this; we have not seen it done before so your gonna have to come up with your own answers and then document it so the next bold person knows what's ahead of them when they see your thread.

we did have another member who said they were gonna show us up... I don't ever remeber seeing it done. Maybe he gave up or maybe made him mad and never showed us.

Please show us when you succeed...

Edited by MY1PATH

I do not agree with a lot that has been said that is negative about the transformation project, and I am ordering the VG30DETT engine and trans tomorrow and will start a project to prove this swap possible. Its easy to say it wont work, I will throw a little elbow grease at it this winter and come out in the early spring with a twin turbo 95 Pathfinder to prove you wrong. I will keep it fairly low budget and use it hard when I am done. I may not have a lot of posts on this forum, but trust me, I have researched heavily, own my own repair shop, and am an ASE master tech...I feel this is VERY possible for a reasonable investment.

Cool, shoe horn that in there and close the hood, I wanna see it :aok: