no spark!ughhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

tino

greetings everyone !!!!!!!!!!!!!! am new to the site,i got a pathy for freeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee what a deal its an 89 i change the distributor the ignition coil was running perfect,all of a sudden the iddleling went crazy and then it die,,,, i cat get it to start,,,,,the is no spark,,,,,i try taking the firt piston cable to see if the was spark and nothing no spark at all any suggestion!!!!!!!!!! most appreciated thanks....

pull the coil wire and see if it sparks to ground when you crank the engine. If no, your coil or coil wire is shot. If you have coil spark, I would then look at the distributer and timing.

I had an old Mazda once, I had similar problems, it turned out that I had put the dizzy cap on the wrong way round, not sure if this is possible on the V6, but could be worth a check (wont cost you anything to check it), if not then start working backwards throught the ignition system, check leads, coil etc...

Another thing to check is the ignition rotor. This happened to me years ago...the screw retaining the rotor fell out, and it just stuttered then died. If the rotor doesn't spin, you won't have any spark.

HTH,

Bob

I had the same problem; your igniton transitor may have gone out. Its the litte(like 2"x1") finned box attached to the same bracket as your coil.

I don't know if it makes a differance but my mechanic said to "make sure you get a hashani transitor if you have hashani coil and a hitachi transitor if you have the hitachi coil."

I had the same problem; your igniton transitor may have gone out. Its the litte(like 2"x1") finned box attached to the same bracket as your coil.

I don't know if it makes a differance but my mechanic said to "make sure you get a hashani transitor if you have hashani coil and a hitachi transitor if you have the hitachi coil."

[/quit has a brand new dizzy and a new coill,,,, no spark coming out f the coil cable when grounded<<<<ok,,,,could it be the transistor,,, i will check it out((( time belt is ok rotor turning,,,,)thanks guys!!!!!!! i will keep u posted,,,,, does anyone has a transistor for sale out here in good shape?