Finally got my rear suspension lift

dagwoodzz

That was a lot of fun. installed JGC springs. Do have a lessons learned to share. I was limited with a short jack. Had to drive up a ramp, block frame then lift axle & remove tire to get ramp out of way. (one side at a time.)

wanted to be smart :crazy: but I wasn't.

When doing the 2nd spring I put the spring coil compressor on before I jacked up the Pathy. It popped out with very little encouragement. Could have saved a lot of time had that been done with the first spring.

Now ready to lift the front by cranking torsion bars. A lot of recommendations posted for adding ball joint spacers to reduce wear & tear. Is there a detailed write-up for adding spacers. the most front-end experience I have is changing flats & brake pads.

Are you better off just paying a professional? I have a lot of time but not much dough!

Thanks '88

I'm pretty sure you authored the rear suspension lift instructions that were followed. You did a great job. Not one surprise. :bow:

Do have one question, looking at Pathy closely, it looks like the passenger side is about an inch higher in the back than the driver side. Could that be one of the used JGC spring is more residual or saw less load?

The rear shocks have " made in japan" on them. Probably original '87s. Would replacing them help?

Woops, to fast to judge.

Looked at it with a friend. He convinced me the tail pipe was giving me an optical illusion. With the tail pipe in the way, you can see more tire tread on one side that the other. I'm pretty sure i'm level now.