JGC lift

DaveS

i have found some coils i can get for cheap and i understand the part for installing the springs in the rear i can use stock shocks right? I was wondering about the front how much can i crank the t-bars without having to worry about ball joint angle and will I be able to crank them enough to make the truck sit level and is there a way to see how much they have been moved from stock hight. i have a 94 with the tire carrier.

I did the poor-man's lift a couple years ago and have not had a ball joint problem at all. I got about 3" lift (depends on what springs you get). I have a thread in here about my lift (with pictures)

thanks for the reply's i have looked in the post in the how 2 section and did not see how to measure how much lift you could get without ball joint problems or how to measure how much higher than stock the front end is sitting.

Due to different tire sizes and different amounts of sag, I can't tell you what 'stock' is. Basically, you have bump stops that limit travel. If you crank it up until the bump stop is contacting, you will have a crappy ride and will probably have ball joint and CV axle problems. I'd guess most people leave .5-1" gap to the bump stop.

Yes, you should have enough adjustment to level the truck with JGC springs.

Yes, you can use the stock shocks but they limit downward flex, especially if you have removed the rear sway bar.

B