Annoying screeching sound

k9sar

maybe you guys can help me with this. I've got a 95 SE and lately, I've been hearing really strange sounds from my front passenger side. It seems to be speed dependent as it is typically a low buzz or murmurring sound at speeds up to about 40. From 40 to 70, it gets progressive louder and much more annoying. The best way to describe it is if you have ever watched a Charlie Brown cartoon special where one of the kids is talking to the teacher. Bwah ba bwa wan... Really annoying. At around 85, I start to hear this thumping from the floor on that side. It's even stranger since it seems to be louder in heavy traffic. Maybe that's just the sound reflecting back off the close cars. Once I get above 90 though, the noise turns to a loud screeching, almost ear piercing, and oddly is accompanied by a pain in my right shoulder.

Any ideas?

:lol:

You obviously have developed a resonant nusance in the passenger seat. While removing the seat entirely can get rid of the noise, it often simply relocates to the back seat where it can be even more distracting.

Try completely wrapping the passenger seat with duct tape and see if that quiets things down a bit. Make sure to wrap the headrest area particularly well...

Make sure you let us know what your solution is; it could save others much grief...

B

maybe you guys can help me with this. I've got a 95 SE and lately, I've been hearing really strange sounds from my front passenger side. It seems to be speed dependent as it is typically a low buzz or murmurring sound at speeds up to about 40. From 40 to 70, it gets progressive louder and much more annoying. The best way to describe it is if you have ever watched a Charlie Brown cartoon special where one of the kids is talking to the teacher. Bwah ba bwa wan... Really annoying. At around 85, I start to hear this thumping from the floor on that side. It's even stranger since it seems to be louder in heavy traffic. Maybe that's just the sound reflecting back off the close cars. Once I get above 90 though, the noise turns to a loud screeching, almost ear piercing, and oddly is accompanied by a pain in my right shoulder.

Any ideas?

Its not a cat is it?