Where are all the OZies

Cyril

hey cyril. has youre girlfriend managed to pull you out of the drivers seat yet or were you there all night...... can just imagine youm sitting there like a little kid with a grin on youre face holding the steering wheel going brooom brooom......lol

Hey Matt, white 2 door TD, pity we dont have the cash lying around, I could just about smell a 3.8 SAS around the corner

http://www.perth4x4.net/forum/showthread.p...3086#post243086

3.8 SAS :jig: for a comp truck :jig: , but for engineering it's getting harder :(

hey cyril. has youre girlfriend managed to pull you out of the drivers seat yet or were you there all night...... can just imagine youm sitting there like a little kid with a grin on youre face holding the steering wheel going brooom brooom......lol

It was my girlfriend still in the seat , i'm haveing trouble getting seat time and had to pull her out of the 4by to come to bed . She wants to play heads or tails to see who drives .

It was my girlfriend still in the seat , i'm haveing trouble getting seat time and had to pull her out of the 4by to come to bed . She wants to play heads or tails to see who drives .

Thats easy, empty your wallet & her purse of all change. Then tell her to go get a coin, while shes in the house, your in the drivers seat.

gq cant be too much different, my fuel tank is from a gq, and it bolts straight in. most likely its just the body is wider, as well as the diffs etc, that way there would still be room to fit the bigger tyres they have, without them rubbing on the chassis. rear panhard rod is a bolt on as well, so it cant be to far off.

how cool would a terrano be on a gq chassis, solid axle front and rear. it would be nuts.

oh, and of course the wheel base is longer, but it would be easy enough to cut a section out of the chassis to shorten it.

then you could go crazy on the patrol bits, and build it up to be a tough bit of gear.

all the hardcore patrol bits would never break under the lightweight, low powered terrano.

and u could almost convince the guys at the pits, that it came out factory.

the diffs would be longer, can get them shortened, or just leave them and get bigger flares put on.

the possibilitys are endless.

best bet would be to get a gq chassis, and a stuffed terrano body, get it all set up good, then turf the stuffed body, and put your good one on when everything else is finished and sorted out.

i want one.

Possible comp truck build, would keep the diffs standard width, just run some monster flares. Would have to section the frame to shorten & narrow to fit the Terry. Big lift, massive guard chop, Holden 3.8 supercharged motor, or if all out is the way to go, would throw the vq45 Quad cam V8 (The boys at Perth4wd centre have done a VQ into a 2 door pathy before). Would need full exo cage, gut the inside & sheet ali all the panels. It would definitely be an awesome machine with the light weight.

The VQ can be had for about 3k in a complete front cut, loom, ecu the lot

Edited by DavefromOZ

Theres a complete MQ patrol being sold in Craigie for $800, wonder what the frame dims are

hhhhmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

no i cant. got bills and a terry to get on the road.

no dave no. youre giving me ideas....stop

stop

dont

stop

dont

stop

dont

stop

dont stop................. :scratchhead: