Timing belt Kits

icemonkey

Just a quick question. Are all timing belt kits for VG30E engines the same? I found a great price on Maxima V6 VG30E kit ($120) comes with timing belt water pump timing belt tensioner front crankshaft seal 2 front camshaft seals and 3 accessory drive belts, will this fit my Pathfinder? Any suggestions for Many many thanks. Avery

It will as long as its the SOHC engine, I think.

I'm assuming its the SOHC engine because that's what the alternators that fit our Pathys come off of.

Or I'm just retarded and getting things mixed up in the head, which happens quite a bit actually. :aok:

Edited by kingman92010

Just a quick question. Are all timing belt kits for VG30E engines the same? I found a great price on Maxima V6 VG30E kit ($120) comes with timing belt water pump timing belt tensioner front crankshaft seal 2 front camshaft seals and 3 accessory drive belts, will this fit my Pathfinder? Any suggestions for Many many thanks. Avery

I use this site all the time for looking up parts makes it super easy specially cause there are pictures lol http://www.rockauto.com

I seriously doubt it. It is possible, but even the 90-93 pathy belts are different from the 94-95 ones. You never really know when Nissan did what with different models. For example, the 300zx had a VG30E in the 80's when the Pathy had the VG30I. The best way to check would be to compare the Nissan part numbers for each part on each vehicle seperately in something like FAST.

if i remember correctly, the 2wd and 4wd water pump has a slightly different configuration. I don't have the manual with me or else I'd post a picture.

Correct, our pump housing makes up part of the timing cover, 2wds the pump housing is smaller and only covers the pump and flow chennels. The 2wd pump "can" be used with no coolent flow or leak issues, but your timing belt will have about 2 inches at either side just flapping in the wind.

Also, the drive belts in that kit are probably the wrong size for the accessories.

Ok is there someone that I should go to? I will check out RockAuto, but if there is someone out there who would have another option? Does the site have any sponsors? or is there someone here who works for a great parts company? Thanks again

Ok is there someone that I should go to? I will check out RockAuto, but if there is someone out there who would have another option? Does the site have any sponsors? or is there someone here who works for a great parts company? Thanks again

Other than the sites listed on here like www.courtesyparts.com and rock auto, have you tried dealing locally? There is a great shop in my town called Triangle Auto that has never let me down. You might be surprised if you get outside of those big chain parts stores and check the little guy down the street. YMMV

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
there is 2 different kinds dont know they year split but there is square tooth(early) and round tooth (later) and as for the 100k belt its the same exact part as the 60k belt ;)

Nissan changed the tooth design for timing belts on VG30E engines from one with 133 square teeth to one with 133 round teeth. The change occurred during the 7/93 production month... although i have seen advertisement for modeles up to 1994 !?!

Would that mean that prior to 7/1993 , belt is good for only 96000 km or 60000 miles (square teeth) and after 7/1993 the belt (round teeth) good for 160000 km or 100000 miles ?

...mine was changed 86000km or 53750 miles ago ... i imagine they have installed square teeth ...Have they ? or could they just have installed a round teeth one... would that be possible or not ?

... i am grinding my own 32 teeth now just trying to figure it out... since i drove 86000 km or 53750 miles since !! :scratchhead:

Edited by Pinip

i paid $85 from parts dinosaur in AZ. full kit, fast shipping..... have actually ordered 2 of them........

great peeps to deal with

GasketSetBox.jpg

GasketSetOut.jpg

Edited by Slick