Sliders using Stock Mounting Points

This is also the same company that says

Our Rock rails are fabricated of high strength steel and bolt to the original side step bar locations. For those wanting additional strength we offer the option of adding an additional mount, which requires that the frame be drilled in four locations (using the template).
That's gonna be weak as hell. Just because you can do something doesn't mean that you should. Those need to be welded in place. Anyone thats ever wheeled with their step rails & got one cauaght/ripped off will understand what I am saying because it'llbe the same thing...

This is also the same company that says That's gonna be weak as hell. Just because you can do something doesn't mean that you should. Those need to be welded in place. Anyone thats ever wheeled with their step rails & got one cauaght/ripped off will understand what I am saying because it'll be the same thing...

Yeah, for a company, that's a pretty weak statement if you ask me. :thumbsdown:

This is also the same company that says That's gonna be weak as hell. Just because you can do something doesn't mean that you should. Those need to be welded in place. Anyone thats ever wheeled with their step rails & got one cauaght/ripped off will understand what I am saying because it'llbe the same thing...

I don't know what kind of rock rails you have installed, but the rock sliderz on my R50 are bolted to the unibody with the same 6 bolts that held on the original side steps. They're not welded, and they've been working great for a long time, and have held up under very heavy abuse.

09ltrearview_slider.jpg

Of course, they don't look like this anymore. They are gouged and scratched up.

Edited by XPLORx4

This is also the same company that says That's gonna be weak as hell. Just because you can do something doesn't mean that you should. Those need to be welded in place. Anyone thats ever wheeled with their step rails & got one cauaght/ripped off will understand what I am saying because it'llbe the same thing...

The sliders I have also use the stock step rail mounts, and they have had the living hell beaten out of them. I've dragged my truck over plenty of rocks my lowrider doesn't belong on, and I've slammed the weight of my truck down on them many times. They have never failed me. The reason a stock step rail is going peel up and cause more destruction is that the entire rail is made out of a much lighter, and weaker metal.

That said, the grand wizard of that company is a member on this board, his name is DaddyRim, if you would like to ask him some questions about his product.

That mounting point will be totally fine, UNLESS you have rust issues present when you install the sliders. I had removed my stock step rails about a year before I installed the sliders, and that was a year in upstate NY salty winter, and the bolt holes had become corroded and weakened.

If you live in an area where rust isn't an issue (Dean), or you don't remove the step rails, until you're ready to install sliders (Pezzy), then you don't risk weakening the captive nuts. However, once those nuts are weakened, they're prone to being stripped and they're very difficult to tap effectively.

The holes that held my step rails (that were taken off like 3 or so years ago) were pretty well rusted when I took off the rails, so theres no way in hell I'd mount sliders to them. Plus when i was still stock (step rails & stock hieght, etc) I went wheelin' & damn near ripped one step rail off, so I decided that when the time came to get sliders I wouldn't mount 'em to the rail points cause the points weren't sturdy enough (or atleast mine weren't).

After I took off the rails & just treated the little rusty holes so the rust would spread, but yeah, mine are welded in place.

450 BUCKS!!!!! Forget that, Ill make my own for like under 100. And im still confused about the whole Air Line thingy :scratchhead:

you can use those sliders as air storage. they're completely sealed so as long as you have fittings installed, they will hold air pressure.

4crawler sliderz are sweet! I love mine, and Roger Brown in a friggin offroad god lol. My captive nuts did indeed rust (northeast it's whole life), i just drilled them and installed thread certs. Even tougher than new and they've taken a beating!!