Manual Hubs

180sx

Whats the difference between the 2 hubs? Besides price...Is the Warn that much better? I've only seen one person with the Mile Marker hubs before...that might say something about them, huh?

vengeful, can't see what you are posting.

x2

p.s. I have OEM Nissan Hardobdy hubs. I have heard they are the strongest but really I got em for 25 bucks @ a JY in nearly mint condition.

something neat about warn; they make an interchangable spine ring that is designed to break before your cv's do. the "breakable" ring can be installed in 5 min and is replacable on the trail. I don't see myself putting that much load on a CV(still open diff up front) but its a good thing to have for locked diffs and abusive terrain.

x2

p.s. I have OEM Nissan Hardobdy hubs. I have heard they are the strongest but really I got em for 25 bucks @ a JY in nearly mint condition.

something neat about warn; they make an interchangable spine ring that is designed to break before your cv's do. the "breakable" ring can be installed in 5 min and is replacable on the trail. I don't see myself putting that much load on a CV(still open diff up front) but its a good thing to have for locked diffs and abusive terrain.

That's come in handy on my buddy's Toyota

Well, that picture explains it all...haha. :lol:

x2

Hmm...OEM units...Would an '89 fit mine? Do the '90+ have OEM hubs? Would be a little cheaper to go to the JY and pull some hubs off of them...Or I should just not be cheap and buy the damn Warns...

Hubs from an 89 will NOT work on an R50. MY1PATH has an 89 Pathfinder, that's why he could use them. I'm not really sure why he posted that info here, as it's not relevant....

The spline count for 86-89 was 27. The R50 spline count is 28. However, all 1990-2004 V6 4WD Nissan Trucks used the same 28 spline hubs, so they would be interchangeable. If you were to find the OEM units from a 90+, you could use them.

Hubs from an 89 will NOT work on an R50. MY1PATH has an 89 Pathfinder, that's why he could use them. I'm not really sure why he posted that info here, as it's not relevant....

The spline count for 86-89 was 27. The R50 spline count is 28. However, all 1990-2004 V6 4WD Nissan Trucks used the same 28 spline hubs, so they would be interchangeable. If you were to find the OEM units from a 90+, you could use them.

later on the HB's moved to a 28 spline. I don't remember which year they switched but I shipped some to an r50 guy not to long ago.

The spline ring's the reason I went with Warn. I'd rather replace a small ring than an entire CV axle... :lol:

keep in mind if you buy the warn; the ring that comes with a new unit is stonger than the optional "breakable" ring that has to be bought separately.

later on the HB's moved to a 28 spline. I don't remember which year they switched but I shipped some to an r50 guy not to long ago.

All, 1990 on V6 Hardbodies had the 28 spline shafts. Actually, all V6 4WD Nissans had the same shafts and hubs, Pathfinder, Hardbody, Frontier, and Xterra, up to 2004.

All, 1990 on V6 Hardbodies had the 28 spline shafts. Actually, all V6 4WD Nissans had the same shafts and hubs, Pathfinder, Hardbody, Frontier, and Xterra, up to 2004.

That's good information for the next junkyard trip - as soon as the rest of the snow melts here.

SteveM.

That's good information for the next junkyard trip - as soon as the rest of the snow melts here.

SteveM.

X2, especially if the OEM unit is the best one to use. a simple refresher kit (i.e. rebuild) and it will be all set!

keep in mind if you buy the warn; the ring that comes with a new unit is stonger than the optional "breakable" ring that has to be bought separately.

Yup, that's what I have. :aok:

Made sure of that when I installed the new CV axles 'cause those babies need to be kept safe. :lol:

• 2 weeks later...

For those of you with Warns installed, are you using the Warn bolts that came with the kits, or have you used high grade bolts?

statikiz

*Note: It is recommended by most to use high grade bolts in place of the studs and lock nuts provided by Warn, due to the number of people who have reported that the original Warn studs brake over time.

I'll be getting these installed in the next week and was wondering if I should look for replacement bolts. I'm going to have 4WheelParts install them. I don't have the time, nor the tools. (The horror stories with the dust cap, make me worried that I'll give up :shrug: )