tire size..torsion bar

jgt

so my truck is in for it's 2nd set of cv axles and 2nd set of ball joints (plus CL and TRE) in only a few thousand miles. I'm guessing the truck has been lifted so it's eating through the suspension parts. So I've got 30x9.5x15 on the truck, the stock is 235x75x15". I asked him to lower the torsion spring and bring it back to stock and re-align it. He said since the truck doesn't have stock tires, it he won't do it. (it's currently shimmed/aligned for the current height) But the difference works out to be 241x79x15 when converted. Should I just set the torsion bar myself and have it re-aligned? Anyone else running bigger tires and eating through suspension parts? I just wanna be able to do some mildish 4x4ing on this truck w/o tearing through parts every 3 months. Thanks!

I'll attach a couple pix. Does it look stock height? btw, when the nerf bars were on, the weight really brought the truck down.

Edited by jgt

i thought the stock size is 31x10.5x15? thats what my stock one had and it was fine

Depends on the truck, some had 235s some had 31s. I'm running 31's with tweaked t-bars and haven't had a problem other than a light rub on the right fender when turned and tucked a little on aftermarket 15x8 wheels, but my right fender has a slight kink to it in the front.

so my truck is in for it's 2nd set of cv axles and 2nd set of ball joints (plus CL and TRE) in only a few thousand miles. I'm guessing the truck has been lifted so it's eating through the suspension parts. So I've got 30x9.5x15 on the truck, the stock is 235x75x15". I asked him to lower the torsion spring and bring it back to stock and re-align it. He said since the truck doesn't have stock tires, it he won't do it. (it's currently shimmed/aligned for the current height) But the difference works out to be 241x79x15 when converted. Should I just set the torsion bar myself and have it re-aligned? Anyone else running bigger tires and eating through suspension parts? I just wanna be able to do some mildish 4x4ing on this truck w/o tearing through parts every 3 months. Thanks!

I'll attach a couple pix. Does it look stock height? btw, when the nerf bars were on, the weight really brought the truck down.

where are you buying your parts? are you greasing them? cv axles should take at least 100k+ miles unless the boots are torn. and the nissan ball joints usually last at least that, unless you dont grease them or drive like Ivan Stuart off road. my current pathy had 340k miles on it when i got it, and as far as i could tell it was all original nissan parts...

p.s. your alignment guy is a retard and/or lazy

p.s. your alignment guy is a retard and/or lazy

x2

not being able to ajust the T-bars because its not a stock tire size is a load of crap!

the #U*k!ng dip$#!t has no Idea what the stock size was esp since pathys came stock with anyting between 28" and 31" tires!

Mine Came with 31" tires... recently I got new ones on CraigsList and the lazy tire shop tried to tell me I got the wrong size and they wouldn't install them. I told them its the same size that was already on there he tried to give some other exuse an I told him he wants to sell me new tires so he can make more than just labor and then I went to another shop.

thanks for the replies guys. That's what I thought, about the stock tires being bigger. I thought maybe it had these size tires on the SE, not the XE like I have. And I thought maybe the SE had upgraded suspension or something, so I didnt' argue with him. I'll pick up the vehicle tomorrow or wednesday and get the whole story. If he won't do it, I'll take it to a 4x4 shop here in town and they'll tweak it right for me. thanks again.