Stuck Dipstick

Fukinitupagain

My dipstick is stuck & I can't get it out. It'll come about 1/3 of the way up & then it just stops & seems like it gets caught on something. What the hell is going on & how can I get this sumb!tch out!

I've already tried twisting it while it was stuck to see if there is a point where it'll come loose, I tried letting it go down bellow where it gets stuck & the pulling to see if I can get it past that point but no luck.

Edited by Fukinitupagain

Engine swap...

might be the same thing that happened to me. I have a 4x4 and swapped a 2wd engine. they have different oil pans. If you changed oil pans (the 2wd is deeper) and forgot the change the dipstick, it probably is stuck. Mine broke in there (actually, 2 dipsticks have broke!), but the pick up filter in the oil pan keeps if from going anywhere. If you need a 4x4 dipstick, holler at me. I have an extra. -julie

might be the same thing that happened to me. I have a 4x4 and swapped a 2wd engine. they have different oil pans. If you changed oil pans (the 2wd is deeper) and forgot the change the dipstick, it probably is stuck. Mine broke in there (actually, 2 dipsticks have broke!), but the pick up filter in the oil pan keeps if from going anywhere. If you need a 4x4 dipstick, holler at me. I have an extra. -julie

The engine I swapped in was from a '96 R50 4wd like mine. In fact the engine already had the oil pan on it so I kept it with the engine. But thanks, I might end up needed the dipstick if I end up breaking this one.

Yeah, you're story is what I was thinking of.

My dipstick is stuck & I can't get it out. It'll come about 1/3 of the way up & then it just stops & seems like it gets caught on something. What the hell is going on & how can I get this sumb!tch out!

I've already tried twisting it while it was stuck to see if there is a point where it'll come loose, I tried letting it go down bellow where it gets stuck & the pulling to see if I can get it past that point but no luck.

throw sum cold water on it and try thinking of little puppies, :D sorry I couldn't resist :lol:

throw sum cold water on it and try thinking of little puppies, :D sorry I couldn't resist :lol:

The wife said that, but was serious... I had to remind her that water intrusion was the reason for the lock-up & the engine swap to begin with...

try astroglide or K-Y, you and your "engine" will enjoy it more