what other hobbys do you have?

Ramon

Nissans hold up well in wrecks...

My buddys Maxima, about 60 into a pole

IMG00164.jpg

curb took the wheel off the front right, and sent the car airborne. He got out of it all with a sore back

What kind of wheels are those? They kind of look like the stockers I had on my '02 SE-R

Sentra204.jpg

• Replies 140
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Fishing and snowboarding

name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="
type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>" wmode="transparent" style="width:400px; height:326px;" id="VideoPlayback" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" flashvars="">

i also like working on computers

here is my home machine i recently rebuilt

Fueler, laxman, navygs et al: quit hijacking this thread. go start a new one if you want to talk about civics and engines. this thread looks like a fleamarket

you amaze me !!

thats pretty cool

I play bass guitar, do leather crafts (belts, boots, scabards, etc.), play Final Fantasy Online....and a bunch of other stuff that I rarely do much of anymore, like model building.

Do you have any pics of the leather things you've made? That sounds really cool, especially the scabbards. Do you collect swords/blades as well or just make the scabbards for fun?

Do you have any pics of the leather things you've made? That sounds really cool, especially the scabbards. Do you collect swords/blades as well or just make the scabbards for fun?

I collect knives and other bladed weapons. The scabards were for ones I bought that came without one and I wanted to carry. I don't think I have any pictures of any of the stuff, but I can take some. I was selling some of it at a friend's shop for a while; bracelets, gauntlets, belts, chokers, etc. One thng that was popular, but I only sold 2 of were a spiked leather corset. I had made my wife one and got requests to make it for others. A good bit of what I made was for my own use or for friends.

Edited by GrimGreg

Civics, well, Hondas in general seem to have taken on the same connotation as pitbulls...

And I have/had both, Honda's is also my other choice for a vehicle. I had a turbo civic but it got stolen, someday I will build one better. I also enjoy photography, guitar hero world tour, and drinking.

DSCF5476.jpg

DSCF5589.jpg

DSCF5151.jpg

Trains, both real and 1:87 scale are my hobby:

Some examples:

Real

Taken this past fall, the SD40-2 lives as it should!

IMG_2003.jpg

A logging railway still kicking on Vancouver Island:

IMG_1844Medium.jpg

Model:

E8

IMG_0556.jpg

RS18

IMG_0552.jpg

Low nose BC Rail RS18 work in progress

IMG_0551.jpg

IMG_0547.jpg

And the Real Thing (BC Rail RS18, Cat re-power, waiting for scrapping)

BCRail_611.jpg

Trains, both real and 1:87 scale are my hobby:

Some examples:

Real

Taken this past fall, the SD40-2 lives as it should!

those are really cool I wander how expensive they are? more than I earn a week prohibitive hoobby for a poor mexican LOL

So to answer some questions about my hobby:

No, I do not work with trains, I am in the forest industry;

Are they expensive? Well, depends on what you want/are willing to spend/are willing to do on your own. To buy an already done up RS18 for example will cost you about $150 Cnd for plastic or well over $700 for handmade brass. Or you can do what I do, take a cheaper unit ($50 or so) and spend the time to do the modifications yourself. This is called kitbashing and is shown by the grey BC Rail RS18 model. Not scratch built as there is no point in re-inventing the drive and bigger parts but make some changes and voila you have a fair representation of a locomotive only available as expensive handmade brass otherwise.

I like the hobby as I like doing the fine work and the research involved in making sure I get the details right. Its is very rewarding if you like this kind of thing.

Firearms of all shapes, types & forms:

IMG_0546.jpg

Colt AR-15

IMG_0383.jpg

1948 Winchester Lever-Action 30/30 (this is my baby - it was my gradnfathers gun purchased in 1948)

IMG_0378.jpg

My puppies ( 5 year-old female American Pitbull Terrier & a 4 year-old female Beagle/Terrier mix)

IMG_0135.jpg

IMG_0360.jpg

IMG_0457.jpg

1209078.jpg

I guess you could say art but thats my major & God-willing that'll be my career, so I don't know if you can count it. It was always a hobby growing up & for the 1st 3 years of Pre-med, but now its more than a hobby...

Firearms of all shapes, types & forms:

1948 Winchester Lever-Action 30/30 (this is my baby - it was my gradnfathers gun purchased in 1948)

My puppies ( 5 year-old female American Pitbull Terrier & a 4 year-old female Beagle/Terrier mix)

I guess you could say art but thats my major & God-willing that'll be my career, so I don't know if you can count it. It was always a hobby growing up & for the 1st 3 years of Pre-med, but now its more than a hobby...

nice puppys

and nice to meet you both

Rockhounding. I regularly find cool stuff just wandering logging roads here in Oregon.

My bay window: this is just the better polished stuff. I have bookshelves full of minerals and crystals as well. There's also 30 buckets worth of rough unfinished rock outside my garage, lol.

baywindowfull2.jpg

Rockhounding. I regularly find cool stuff just wandering logging roads here in Oregon.

My bay window: this is just the better polished stuff. I have bookshelves full of minerals and crystals as well. There's also 30 buckets worth of rough unfinished rock outside my garage, lol.

baywindowfull2.jpg

Oh my good those are really nice stones and crystals It is starting making me want to go to Oregon

have you try to make collars necklaces or something with them?

Well I am a Medic in the Army. I am currently working on degree majoring in biology. I hope to go to school someday. I also like wood working and and outdoor stuff. And I am really into college football.

GO GATORS!!

God I need to make a trip down to Brazil & get my fat-ass surfing again (nothing like a chubby,balding, bearded white guy surfing)

Just don't forget to bring you avatar friend and I'll be happy to point you the right places to go! :aok:

Seems as tho fukinitupagain and me are on the same page....

DSCF1404-1.jpg

This is Queen Sybilla

Picture0095.jpg

Baby Athena

005.jpg

Of course lets not forget the arsenal....you know in case of an attack!!

We have enemy contact !!!