Wiper switch intermittent

92Pathmaker

The wiper switch in my 92 only has slow and high settings only. The slow is too fast for when it is snowing or lightly raining. Will an intermittent switch from a different pathfinder work. I don't see why it wouldn't, I just don't want to spend the money and have it not work.

If it will work does anyone have one laying around that they want to get rid of???

Edited by 92Pathmaker

I think NAPA can order a universal aftermarket module. I don't remember the pice but dad got one for his volvo some years ago. I liked it and its on my things to get list. the function is uniqe i think it went like this;

when you use your single wipe function it works like normal single whipe

if you do it again within the next 11 seconds it sets the interval to whatever the delay was between the 2

a third time shuts it off and a 4th sets new intervall(w/in 11 sec) etc.....

so if you get a mist and do a single and its back in 5 seconds you hit it again and now it goes every 5 seconds.

I wish I knew, I didn't even know about it until My1path said something about it. Maybe he would be kind enough to describe it ;)

How many wires go to the switch that you have?

IIRC some pathfinders have a little square box that appears to be mounted immediately in front of the wiper motor(under hood US passenger side firewall) I don't know the workings but I would assume that since it is baslically attached to the wiper motor it has something to do with the intermittent system. My pathy doesn't have intermittent and doesn't have the box otherwise I would try and verify that for you.

• 7 years later...

Its a very easy swap i did it today in my 91 pathy i put in a switch from a round dash all you need is switch and amplifier on the wiper motor under the hood (its a little brown box) take the pig tails for the amplifier and the switch i put the maplifier on my steering colunm under the plastic that covers the ignition switch all you have to do is cut off your switch pig tail and then hook all the wires back up to new switch pig tail all color coded with splicing the wires for amplifier of same color some of the wires only go from switch to amplifier and one wire from amplifier blue and yellow you need to tie in to the fuse box on the wiper fuse took me about an hour start to finish and boy its nice